PDA

View Full Version : Help with a Vectra on stereo/screen/wheels

05CDXi
17th April 2007, 09:31 PM
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can help with the following on a MY05 Upgrade Vectra CDXi:

- stereo: has anyone upgraded speakers. Where have the subwoofers been put because the electric seats mean there's not much room underneath the seats
- colour screen - does anyone know how hard it is to put the colour screen available on the Euro models in? Where do you get one of these?
- 19" wheels - picture of the wheels is in this brochure (http://www.who-sells-it.com/images/catalogs/1375/pdf_5194.pdf) on page 4. Anyone know where to get them?

Any help would be great!
Cheers.

kaoshunter
17th April 2007, 09:52 PM
Hey guys,

Wondering if anyone can help with the following on a MY05 Upgrade Vectra CDXi:

- stereo: has anyone upgraded speakers. Where have the subwoofers been put because the electric seats mean there's not much room underneath the seats
- colour screen - does anyone know how hard it is to put the colour screen available on the Euro models in? Where do you get one of these?
- 19" wheels - picture of the wheels is in this brochure (http://www.who-sells-it.com/images/catalogs/1375/pdf_5194.pdf) on page 4. Anyone know where to get them?

Any help would be great!
Cheers.

Well i have an Astra but I can try to answer some of the questions, the subwoofer goes in the boot and well if the Amp don't go under the seat think about putting it in the boot somewhere I have mine attached to the back of my rear seat (may be an option)

Which wheels are you looking at, try a holden dealer, I got the ones top middle but in 16' on the astra

Colour screen??? Do you mean where the screen is now or to replace the stereo with a dvd screen??? If a replacement is what you mean go sus out some audio places and then hunt around online and maybe get it cheaper

stevedee3
18th April 2007, 12:02 AM
- colour screen - does anyone know how hard it is to put the colour screen available on the Euro models in? Where do you get one of these?Try Chris R, I think he was doing something similar with his Astra H here.

Clint
18th April 2007, 01:21 PM
i have made custom enclosures for both the sub and amps for my vectra, minimal space is lost and all looks neat

Oz
21st April 2007, 11:51 PM
The 19" wheels are known as 'snowflakes' in the UK/EU. Very popular over there. To get them either look for copies here or go direct through Vauxhall or Opel. Could also try your Holden dealer & see if they would be nice enough to import a set for you. Be prepared to pay a hefty sum though.

Ginge
22nd April 2007, 04:40 PM
colour screen... ur car is full canbus so removing stereo will make the car not function. chris r can tell u about that 1. if u want the satnav screen that they have overseas look for a big price. and if buying it on ebay be careful. some dont work.
join vectra-c.com for more onfo. they r very helpful im 10PEL on there forum

EL BURITO
22nd April 2007, 06:09 PM
The 19" wheels are known as 'snowflakes' in the UK/EU. Very popular over there. To get them either look for copies here or go direct through Vauxhall or Opel. Could also try your Holden dealer & see if they would be nice enough to import a set for you. Be prepared to pay a hefty sum though.
available here soon as a option on the SRI T

Oz
23rd April 2007, 07:00 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

05CDXi
6th May 2007, 11:16 PM
Thanks for all your help guys. Will check Holden out and see if they are available there - I rang Holden after seeing 19" wheels were available as an option on the SRi Turbo and they couldn't tell me how much/what the wheel actually was! Hopefully they are the ones I want as my bro works at Holden HQ and thus I get a discount!! Will keep you posted on it FYI.

EL BURITO
6th May 2007, 11:18 PM
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f95/WA04SXi/Screenshot.jpg

Oz
11th May 2007, 04:43 PM
Great wallpaper El B.

The wheels on that Astra you have as wallpaper are the 18" version snow flakes as they are six spokes. The 19's are five spoke jobs.

Dave
11th May 2007, 06:14 PM
can-bus ? please explain

stevedee3
12th May 2007, 12:46 PM
can-bus ? please explainCAN is Controller Area Network. It a serial data bus that hooks up all the various computers in the car (a little bit like a car's version of USB).

Clint
13th May 2007, 03:12 PM
but not used specifically for cars, the can bus is a widely used standard used in many electronics