PDA

View Full Version : RE: My Car

ROCCO
30th March 2008, 06:31 PM
Hey guys,

The time as come where i feel the handling of my pride and joy needs improving. I own a slightly modded Astra H Hatch...I'm wanting to get her lowered thinking 30mm...what do you guys think? I'm not sure if i want to do Springs or Spring and Shocks...as it will be a daily drivin car so don't want it too hard just want better handling...what do you think? What brands? What places can you guys recommend? I live in narre Warren South in Vic so somewhere not too far from home would be good

sooty
30th March 2008, 06:37 PM
Any The Tyre Factory around will fit king springs (30mm drop on standard CD) for $450 (or at least they should). There's a lot of whoing and harring about them but the people who have them say they are fine, and possibly even an improvement on the stock setup in terms of comfort.

Another option is the Eibach's. Pro kit will drop 30/30....sportline 50/30 (front/rear)...if you buy from irmscher bits now Moose_Factor just got his for $400 delivered....RIDICULOUSLY CHEAP...so if you want to buy them...BUY NOW!!!!!
http://www.irmscher-bits.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=95_96

Hope this helps :D

Oh...and if you get springs seperately...and need them fitted, i hear advantage suspension is a good joint :)

ROCCO
30th March 2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah I had my ford lowerd at the tyre Factory...had kings fitted where fairly happy with the...except the shocks where gone and was Fing bouncing as...being a fair new car the H it should be firmer yeah?? As for getting Eibachs from irmscher bits...its says this on there website:

we only currenty ship goods within the UK and not internationally!

You sure us aussies can order from them or does Moose have something going with them??

sooty
30th March 2008, 07:11 PM
Aussies can order...
Send an email to Dave i think it is from irmscher bits....:D

moose_factor
30th March 2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah I had my ford lowerd at the tyre Factory...had kings fitted where fairly happy with the...except the shocks where gone and was Fing bouncing as...being a fair new car the H it should be firmer yeah?? As for getting Eibachs from irmscher bits...its says this on there website:

You sure us aussies can order from them or does Moose have something going with them??

Dude just email Dave from Irmscher-bits and tell them that Brian from Opel Aus forum suggested the store, and that if he can quote you to get Eibachs to Australia...

He did tell me that the price will go up soon (not sure how soon)

imay
30th March 2008, 08:50 PM
I've bought stuff from Irmscherbits before. If Dave can help you out . . . he will! He has only ever been helpful with the gear I have asked about, bought and ultimately been happy with. His service is second to none.

Having said that, if Dave, for whatever reason can't help (and I hope he's not reading this one!), visit the guys and gals at LMF Vauxhall and they, too, will bend over backwards to help out us Colonials!

CNBLU
30th March 2008, 08:50 PM
koni shocks and eibach springs and you wont regret it.

poita
30th March 2008, 08:59 PM
agree 100% Gav, best combination :D

EL BURITO
30th March 2008, 10:58 PM
DAVE is the man

+ koni yellows are good

SaInT
31st March 2008, 01:52 AM
GSLRallySport can get eibach prings for you as well?

SIMid
31st March 2008, 08:25 AM

I had an reply from them last year regarding some items and they told me only for UK residents. Obviously they are selective with their clientel. :rolleyes:

moose_factor
31st March 2008, 09:56 AM
I think it depends on what you need, he told me he can send Irmscher Grilles if I wanted, I'm guessing it's all up to the size of the item...

Wraith
31st March 2008, 10:20 AM
DAVE is the man

+ koni yellows are good

+ 4 :)

Wraith
31st March 2008, 10:20 AM
koni shocks and eibach springs and you wont regret it.

+ 2 :)

moose_factor
31st March 2008, 01:33 PM
Dave from Irmscher-bits is starting to open up an Aussie based webpage store...he sent me some mail with the Springs...not open yet but soon...all the stuff from the UK page will be available for us here...

Awesome service from him...

Paid for the springs on Thursday, He posted Friday...received it today! :dance:

Wraith
31st March 2008, 01:51 PM
Dave from Irmscher-bits is starting to open up an Aussie based webpage store...he sent me some mail with the Springs...not open yet but soon...all the stuff from the UK page will be available for us here...

Awesome service from him...

Paid for the springs on Thursday, He posted Friday...received it today! :dance:

Awesome stuff, well done, good choice ;)

As for that Aussie Irmscher-bits site, he's been trying to get that going for at least the last couple of years LOL, I remember him telling me the same thing he's said to you that long ago...ah well should happen eventually and be great for us here :)

moose_factor
31st March 2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah man Eibach's at $400...you can't go wrong :D

skulless
31st March 2008, 02:11 PM
if u want, you can get the koni red(non adjustable) instead. not tat u r going to adjust the shocks on every trip. i got the koni yellow n eibach sportsline, lowered mine to more than 50mm