PDA

View Full Version : What have you done to your car lately?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

sooty
7th August 2010, 11:45 PM
ok will do.....should of done it this last cruise dammit !....

ill keep em where they are for the next time :)
I take cash or cheque....
Kidding :lol:

PrincessPeachey
8th August 2010, 09:59 PM
took lots of pics of her :)

poita
8th August 2010, 10:08 PM
took lots of pics of her :)

me too :D

Nurb608
8th August 2010, 11:07 PM
Looked at it, then went karting in a 125cc Arrows kart, fark me thay are quick! Then got home and put some parts on the passenger seat for when I drop her off tommorow :D

MAD-16V
9th August 2010, 01:59 AM
Found about 10000 ants and eggs living underneath the rear hatch seal and rear bumper!

Killed em all - Removed seal - Cleaned and treated with some 301 - Removed rear bumper - Washed and hand polished it.

Took photos - But went to process them and low and behold - No memory card in camera...

I swear if I went and bought a lottery ticket , Id probobly get fukken robbed or hit by a bus with my luck at the moment..

rodsfromday
9th August 2010, 04:23 AM
You gotta love nightshift!! Made me 2 coil spring compressors!! Wish i had more ideas on what too fabricate!

ChrisMaz
9th August 2010, 04:27 AM
Found about 10000 ants and eggs living underneath the rear hatch seal and rear bumper!

Killed em all - Removed seal - Cleaned and treated with some 301 - Removed rear bumper - Washed and hand polished it.

Took photos - But went to process them and low and behold - No memory card in camera...

I swear if I went and bought a lottery ticket , Id probobly get fukken robbed or hit by a bus with my luck at the moment..

I've had that before. In my old school piece of shit lancer. Even sold it with the ant infestation :p

Good to hear you got rid of them properly though. They can be a real bitch to get rid of if they spread.

You gotta love nightshift!! Made me 2 coil spring compressors!! Wish i had more ideas on what too fabricate!

Sounds like a pretty good gig! Whens the car getting dumped?

rodsfromday
9th August 2010, 04:31 AM
I've had that before. In my old school piece of shit lancer. Even sold it with the ant infestation :p

Good to hear you got rid of them properly though. They can be a real bitch to get rid of if they spread.

Sounds like a pretty good gig! Whens the car getting dumped?
Yeah the factory is running sweet "fingers crossed" and i have all the time and equipment available to make just about anything. I have the eibachs in but got coilovers for the front, that i will do, once i get enough advice, that i need!

ChrisMaz
9th August 2010, 04:38 AM
Sounds awesome mate. Wish I had front coilovers. Front sits too high for my liking. Your car should look mint! Wheels suit it A grade.

rodsfromday
9th August 2010, 04:42 AM
Yeah was a bit disappointed that the eibachs did not drop her that low at the front!!
thanx!!

metry
9th August 2010, 10:08 AM
what eibachs did you put in and what size wheels are you running?

rodsfromday
9th August 2010, 10:12 AM
what eibachs did you put in and what size wheels are you running?

Pro-kit with 18" rims

delemonte
9th August 2010, 10:44 AM
Fitted replacement slim-line number plate on front

vecstar
9th August 2010, 12:13 PM
put my new ausopel.com seat covers they look heaps better than what i thought

brc
9th August 2010, 12:36 PM
Drove to work, nearly died 9024091724 times. Maybe this is because I went through Springvale, who knows? :)

nuggz
9th August 2010, 12:44 PM
Drove to work, nearly died 9024091724 times. Maybe this is because I went through Springvale, who knows? :)

yea that'll do it =D

Shay
9th August 2010, 09:36 PM
put my new ausopel.com seat covers they look heaps better than what i thought

wow, i never new there was an ausopel.com website :eek:
:lol:

i passed 150,000 km's :(
sad day, but not a lot for a nearly 12 yo car.

hazrd
9th August 2010, 10:19 PM
astra - nothing
calibra - adjusted the car cover (stupid wind)
vw - saw the outside temp gauge hit an all time high of 19 degrees!!!

adam_92
9th August 2010, 10:32 PM
discovered a HUGE oil leak on the vec from the oil temp sensor on the front of the sump. got a price from my brother who works for holden and it was $130 with his staff discount. fukin ridiculous. gonna drop the oil again tomorrow at work (twice in 3 days) and take it out. hopefully its just a split o-ring or something

edit: by HUGE i meen over half a litre in around 60kms driving

guy 27
9th August 2010, 10:34 PM
looked at it, laughed, then wondered why i painted my wheels orange when the last mods have all been done to get rid of any orange on the car (silver tec indicator globes and orange-less tail lights)

poita
9th August 2010, 10:35 PM
drove it to work :D

alarm went off several times, think the sensitivity is too high

hazrd
9th August 2010, 10:38 PM
looked at it, laughed, then wondered why i painted my wheels orange when the last mods have all been done to get rid of any orange on the car (silver tec indicator globes and orange-less tail lights)

ahem:

02 Astra Sri - Silver with blue pearl- Full red leather interior - Star light roof lining - Lenso wheels - lowered - ice - exhaust - quite a few other little things.

guy 27
9th August 2010, 11:40 PM
ahem:

better?

Nurb608
9th August 2010, 11:54 PM
Droped her off for a day or 2 to have some stuff fitted up

glider
11th August 2010, 07:21 PM
-watched it go up on the hoist
-watched ancillary belt get fitted
-watched it go further up on the hoist
-walked around underneath it and looked at the underbody
-watched it get lowered
-attached better reo bar
-put front bumper in situ and got re-inspired
-plugged in some of the plugs in the engine bay
-fitted OA stickers
-pulled spare speedo cluster apart to inspect
-put cluster back together in frustation
-drove the other one back home

hazrd
11th August 2010, 07:30 PM

Don't tell me u broke it already :eek:

bender
11th August 2010, 07:35 PM
-watched it go up on the hoist
-watched ancillary belt get fitted
-watched it go further up on the hoist
-walked around underneath it and looked at the underbody
-watched it get lowered
-attached better reo bar
-put front bumper in situ and got re-inspired
-plugged in some of the plugs in the engine bay
-fitted OA stickers
-drove the other one back home

i nearly walked over to say hi but cbf'd just incase no one was there

ah started my car and turned it off again

adam_92
11th August 2010, 07:35 PM
fixed the oil leak that it had. turns out that repco gave me the 2.2 oil filter so it didnt fit properly causing the casing not to close properly and the oil leaked out. 1 litre in 3 days. then i fitted the simota

glider
11th August 2010, 07:41 PM
Don't tell me u broke it already :eek:

nope

but it will require electricity to change the value

poita
11th August 2010, 07:52 PM
drove it to work.
parked it.
drove it to shops.
parked it
drove it home
parked it

PrincessPeachey
11th August 2010, 11:24 PM
fixed the oil leak that it had. turns out that repco gave me the 2.2 oil filter so it didnt fit properly causing the casing not to close properly and the oil leaked out. 1 litre in 3 days. then i fitted the simota

good to hear that it wasn't anything major.

i cleaned some of the junk out of it. the rest got thrown in the back as i don't use the back, lol.

delemonte
13th August 2010, 01:12 PM
Ordered a bunch of stuff from Autovaux last night. Eagerly awaiting their arrival now :)
Have also got my centre console out in the sun to finish drying the final coat of paint I put on last night

astra in oz
13th August 2010, 04:54 PM
Missed the cup holder in the front door and dropped a large McOrange Juice on the floor under my feet.. Whilst travelling at 100km/h... The fun part was when it hit the floor the lid popped off providing an orange juice explosion that hit the drivers door, window, seat, back seat and then filled both the door pocket and foot well with orange juice...
Tasty....

Ice
13th August 2010, 04:58 PM
Missed the cup holder in the front door and dropped a large McOrange Juice on the floor under my feet.. Whilst travelling at 100km/h... The fun part was when it hit the floor the lid popped off providing an orange juice explosion that hit the drivers door, window, seat, back seat and then filled both the door pocket and foot well with orange juice...
Tasty....
haha DOU ! you actually use the door pocket ?

astra in oz
13th August 2010, 05:07 PM
haha DOU ! you actually use the door pocket ?
Its the only cup holder it has...:(

Jerram
13th August 2010, 05:31 PM
installed a 4bar fpr (thankyou nuggz)

also insalled a brot3k approved double stack rear sway bar (and hey it does make a noticeable difference to the overall handling)

guy 27
13th August 2010, 05:44 PM
Its the only cup holder it has...:(

I use the one between the rear ashtray and the handbrake.

On topic. I found out my bridgestones make lots of smoke.

astra in oz
13th August 2010, 05:48 PM
I use the one between the rear ashtray and the handbrake.
Ill move my change and start using that one :)

Benny81
14th August 2010, 07:58 PM
Well I cleaned my EGR Valve today. Only cleaned it 5k ago but decided to do it more regularly due to the amount of soot it gathers up

cyclonic
14th August 2010, 08:18 PM
Had a crack at colour coding today. I pulled off the bumper strips off my Corsa and had a go at it. I learned several important lessons:

*Auto-One will happily mix up any colour you want in an aerosol can for a decent price
*There are two Star Silver 3 colours - one is slightly brighter and more metallic than the other
*I used the wrong colour so will get a can of the second forumlation and try again next pay
*Don't even think about going to Holden for the colour
*Great prep is everything - don't sand down the plastic enough and the finish will look horrid

So whilst the bumper strips look ok, the colour is a very slight mismatch and I need to redo the sanding on the strips as they're a rough still. However, i'm really happy with my first go at it and feel really confident that I can do the rest of the external trims myself instead of paying someone $500 to do it!

Meanwhile, i've gpt a new Alpine headunit on lay-by too, so when I pay for that and get it installed, i'll post photos. No photos of the colour-coding yet though as the bumpers need to have little paint chips sorted out.

Shay
14th August 2010, 08:51 PM
reckon you can take pics mate?

today i got some one to rev the shit outa my engine...
all in the name of dyno testing...

nuggz
14th August 2010, 10:03 PM
WhAt did the old girl pull?

Shay
14th August 2010, 10:21 PM
117.4 HP atw, or 87.4 kw, whichever you prefer...

PrincessPeachey
15th August 2010, 01:19 AM
*There are two Star Silver 3 colours - one is slightly brighter and more metallic than the other

one's paint code 147 and the other 157 i believe.

pics please :) as my plastics are reeeeeeeally faded and i'd like to colour code them (myself if possible, i've done some other bits and pieces and feel like a challenge!). any tips/tricks?

cyclonic
15th August 2010, 01:15 PM
one's paint code 147 and the other 157 i believe.

pics please :) as my plastics are reeeeeeeally faded and i'd like to colour code them (myself if possible, i've done some other bits and pieces and feel like a challenge!). any tips/tricks?

Oh you are GOLD! I think I used the 157 paint code which is probably why the colour isn't quite right. I'll take a couple of pics today and upload them for you all.

Its actually not hard to do - the main thing is the preparation and how much work you want to put into it. Sanding down the plastic to remove the dimpled surface and make it smooth is the hardest part. You need patience and elbow grease there. If you can get access to a bench sander or other mechanical sanding device, it'll make the work so much easier. Otherwise, once you have a smooth surface and its prepped, its all easy from there. I've decided i'm going to do the handles, wheel arch flares, door and boot handles, mirrors and bases, plus the roof rails.

metry
15th August 2010, 11:21 PM
im just gonna pay some one to do my moulds. cbf screwing around with them. the interior however ill do myself

stingnett
16th August 2010, 08:41 PM
Ordered Timing chain kit and Balance Chain kit from Autovaux in UK seeing as Holden tried to slug me $1300 for the 2 kits not including labour, havent driven my girl for 3 weeks now. SAD!!!!

Ice
16th August 2010, 10:56 PM
Ordered Timing chain kit and Balance Chain kit from Autovaux in UK seeing as Holden tried to slug me $1300 for the 2 kits not including labour, havent driven my girl for 3 weeks now. SAD!!!!

you should go back and show them...pricks

JohnBu
17th August 2010, 10:05 AM
Picked up the Astra from Mr Gloss (Panel Beaters)

Had the rear bar repainted again because the paint didn't adhere to the new bumper properly.

The new paint job is very good with only one dust mark/blemish.

I would say thanks Mr Gloss, but they didn't do it correctly 20 months months ago and tried to deny my claim saying the cracked paint was from a car parking accident. So instead I'll say thanks to Shannons Insurance who instructed Mr Gloss to fix it up without any cost to me.

I would probably still take future cars to Mr Gloss, as when they do good work, they are one of the best. Better the devil you know...

hazrd
17th August 2010, 10:30 AM
John, how much did it cost you? (PM if you like)

i want to have the rear number plate recess fixed up on the GTi, the old owner had large 6 digit plates, and ive got small 5 digit plates, so u can see all the ugly screw holes

And if i want to get really anal, also have the tailgate on the Astra fixed up where the cat put a deep scratch in it

CORZZA
17th August 2010, 11:29 AM
LED's are in much brighter inside now

gman
17th August 2010, 12:20 PM
Drove it out west to drop off the spare intake manifold so the CNC machiners can make up the new one...Checked on the engine build, damn valves and springs are still holding everything up!!!!! Started stripping the spare hub carrier down so I can get the new rotor hats and caliper mounts made up..

Filled it up with Premium100 too... :)

boorny88
17th August 2010, 12:30 PM
so coming along nicely but not fast enough for you hay glenn

gman
17th August 2010, 12:43 PM
Never fast enough!!! :)

boorny88
17th August 2010, 12:48 PM
man i hope this build is done when im in sydney if not still be good to catch up for a chat

Ice
17th August 2010, 02:11 PM
just gave her a good interior detail.... 2 hours.

JohnBu
17th August 2010, 02:57 PM
John, how much did it cost you? (PM if you like)

This time, nothing.

Previously, I claimed insurance (shannons) to replace the bumper. The young guy that rear ended me didn't have insurance.

BradstaMS
18th August 2010, 02:31 PM
Made a video about showing a good stock headunit setting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIPnF--3H0U

Ice
18th August 2010, 03:43 PM
haah Bradsta...what about the other 2 minutes ? thought youde show us around the cabin of a TS ? haha

hazrd
18th August 2010, 04:16 PM
Detailed the inside for someone to come and look at it tonight

btm
18th August 2010, 04:35 PM
opened garage, made sure it was still there, closed garage

BradstaMS
18th August 2010, 05:08 PM
haah Bradsta...what about the other 2 minutes ? thought youde show us around the cabin of a TS ? haha

Thought it would be rather silly to hold the camera in one spot, so I thought I'd show off my lovely red checkered interior :ihih:

hazrd
18th August 2010, 10:22 PM
took a deposit on it
gets picked up on Friday

delemonte
18th August 2010, 10:44 PM
took a deposit on it
gets picked up on Friday

Congrats on the (promising) sale mate ;)

metry
18th August 2010, 11:09 PM
bradsta whered you get the astra model car that sits in your centre console from

btm
19th August 2010, 08:38 AM
took a deposit on it
gets picked up on Friday

congrats!

BradstaMS
19th August 2010, 03:36 PM
bradsta whered you get the astra model car that sits in your centre console from

A car place in Miranda (If youre in Sydney - didnt look), I also have a larger Astra G 3 door in arden blue aswell.

delemonte
19th August 2010, 05:39 PM
A car place in Miranda (If youre in Sydney - didnt look), I also have a larger Astra G 3 door in arden blue aswell.

I have a 1:1 scale Astra G SRi-T in black :lol:

metry
19th August 2010, 05:57 PM
LOL delemonte. where abouts in miranda. i wouldnt mind getting a scale replica of my car

BradstaMS
19th August 2010, 06:03 PM
Vaggs hobbies, the pink place on the corner across from GPK, nut sure if they'll have any but its worth I try, cos I got mine afew years back.

PrincessPeachey
19th August 2010, 06:41 PM
sometimes you can pick them up on ebay, might have to go international though.

metry
19th August 2010, 08:32 PM
thanks for the replies guys. yeh imma google search them now

SIMid
20th August 2010, 12:40 PM
drove the company Astra through mud ........ again. :p

PrincessPeachey
20th August 2010, 06:24 PM
washed it. well no, the rain did that for me.

Nurb608
20th August 2010, 08:38 PM
Finished fitting enlarged intake :) (not inlet :p )

cyclonic
20th August 2010, 08:58 PM
Masked up the Single DIN fascia adapter for my Corsa, ready to be sanded and prepped for painting. I've decided to use the leftover paint and materials I have to paint up the centre console. Should dress it up a little on the inside.

PS88
20th August 2010, 10:31 PM

anyone have idea how i should fix it/paint it ?

guy 27
20th August 2010, 10:39 PM
anyone have idea how i should fix it/paint it ?

bad photo can't really tell how deep it is.

If its paint from whatever you hit/ hit you just some cutting compound.

If its your paint missing then primer filler and respray.

PS88
20th August 2010, 10:45 PM
scratch concrete column while parking

-Is there like a kit to repairs scratches ?

metry
21st August 2010, 09:05 AM
PS88 did that happen at westfields? and i washed my car and grandmas car this morning. looking so clean. just need to go out and shine the tyres and get some black detailer onto the moulds. its been ages since i did that

cyclonic
21st August 2010, 10:01 AM
reckon you can take pics mate?

today i got some one to rev the shit outa my engine...
all in the name of dyno testing...

I love your enthusiasm bro! I've got a couple of pics on my iPhone but i'm not happy with the finish so i'll take new ones when i've done it right and given the car a wash. :)

willhouse
21st August 2010, 02:49 PM
Installed total closure! But the windows only wind up when locking, not down when unlocking. Also tried to take out the centre dash for a respray...too friggin hard!

delemonte
21st August 2010, 05:33 PM
Installed total closure! But the windows only wind up when locking, not down when unlocking.
This is normal with the Total Closure on the Astra G.

Also tried to take out the centre dash for a respray...too friggin hard!
Funny you mention. Guess what I just finished! :D
It looks like it's just plain silver in the photo but it's actually got a slightly textured look to it... It's so nice having my console all back together again.

Also replaced the handbrake and gear stick gaiters at the same time.

PrincessPeachey
21st August 2010, 09:33 PM
installed new taillights.

also was about 5 minutes too late to the wreckers, could have gotten me some new SRi rims but someone managed to beat me to it.. they're putting them on an astra :(

Nurb608
22nd August 2010, 12:43 PM
Finally finished all the wiring for the oil pressure guage :)

willhouse
22nd August 2010, 04:28 PM
This is normal with the Total Closure on the Astra G.

Ha ha now you put it like that...yeah I guess it is!

Dash looks good man, you do it all yourself?

hazrd
22nd August 2010, 05:28 PM
picked up some of this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/hazrd/f6e009ce.jpg

and ended up with this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/hazrd/IMG_1606.jpg

shiney...

metry
22nd August 2010, 07:07 PM
not bad hazrd. i was looking into getting some of that

guy 27
22nd August 2010, 07:56 PM
last night added some orange to my side mirrors using contact paper.

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/skyguy27/DSCN7096.jpg

Today:

adjusted bonnet release cable as it was starting to feel a little slack

and just finished re arranging my glovebox organizer as I picked up a couple of spare relays from the wreckers last week.
http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww85/skyguy27/IMG_0499.jpg

MAD-16V
23rd August 2010, 12:36 PM
That's macguyvers glovebox!

just finished a led conversion to blue and white - Not very bright ( as expected ) will take a picture at night and post it up.

Might even go all the way and fully dismantle the instrument cluster and add heaps of leds to get some nice effect.

Edit : http://i38.tinypic.com/ofot43.jpg

gmonkey
23rd August 2010, 01:01 PM
picked up some of this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/hazrd/f6e009ce.jpg

and ended up with this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/hazrd/IMG_1606.jpg

shiney...

its the best stuff off the shelf ive found soo far... going to buy Autoglym ultimate wax soon ($180 a tub, god i hope its good!!)

Ice
23rd August 2010, 01:31 PM
guy wtf is with the orange wheels ?

guy 27
23rd August 2010, 02:33 PM
guy wtf is with the orange wheels ?

cause i can't afford a Porsche

http://www.madwhips.com/upload/images/silver_and_orange_porsche_911_gt3_rs_4-568-426.jpg

they are my track wheels.

delemonte
23rd August 2010, 02:35 PM
Dash looks good man, you do it all yourself?

Yeah, I did it myself. I have a spare console so I might try fibre-glassing a gauge pod in next. The pillar-pod I've got attracts a bit too much attention for my liking..

PS88
23rd August 2010, 03:12 PM
Guy27

get vxr 19's and paint them orange ?

bender
23rd August 2010, 06:31 PM
finished putting my fog lights in

Shay
24th August 2010, 12:13 AM
Guy27

get vxr 19's and paint them orange ?

19s are too big for the track. way too big...

JohnBu
24th August 2010, 10:56 AM
19s are too big for the track. way too big...

very true Shay,

bigger is not always better.

anyway, on Sat changed my rocker cover gasket.. which lead to me finding my PCV valve was broken... see here. http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?27768-Have-a-look-at-this-photo

On Sun changed my front brake pads from EBC Greenstuff to QFM HPX, and also flushed my brake fluid.

I will give a run down on the HPXs after a few more kms, but immediately they felt much better from cold compared to the EBCs.

gman
24th August 2010, 11:02 AM
Bought some more parts for it (billet compressor wheel for the turbo)...Rang up about my engine...Still not ready yet :(

Speaking of track wheels, I was going to paint my track wheels as well...At the Winton track day earlier this year there were a few cars with fluro pink and orange wheels....I was thinking orange or green from mine...Might have to do the green thing seeing you have done the orange already ;)

poita
24th August 2010, 11:07 AM
fluro green for sure :lol:

Nurb608
24th August 2010, 11:12 AM
fluro green for sure :lol:

+1

Either barbados green, the old gm colour, or the fluro green poison (the band) used in their logo :)

2002_XC
24th August 2010, 11:34 AM
+1

Either barbados green, the old gm colour, or the fluro green poison (the band) used in their logo :)
:lol: that is all

gman
24th August 2010, 11:49 AM
Green it will be then :thumbs:

boorny88
24th August 2010, 11:51 AM
man that will look wikid on a black car haha

guy 27
24th August 2010, 12:04 PM
Green it will be then :thumbs:

http://www.t610wap.co.uk/online/tvlive40.jpg

do it :)

gman
24th August 2010, 12:49 PM
Thats pretty much what it will look like :)

I like it!!!! :D

Nurb608
24th August 2010, 01:33 PM
http://www.t610wap.co.uk/online/tvlive40.jpg

do it :)

That looks the goods!

boorny88
24th August 2010, 01:48 PM
i want that cars intercators

glider
24th August 2010, 01:51 PM
they're off a ford focus I believe

gman
24th August 2010, 01:52 PM
Just saw a pic of a set of fluro yellow wheel too...Look veyr cool...

Now I'm sort of torn, fluro green or fluro yellow?!?!?!?

boorny88
24th August 2010, 01:53 PM
mixture of both colours

nuggz
24th August 2010, 01:53 PM
Just saw a pic of a set of fluro yellow wheel too...Look veyr cool...

Now I'm sort of torn, fluro green or fluro yellow?!?!?!?

what suits your helmet?
it had a bit of green from memory?

gman
24th August 2010, 01:58 PM
Chrome, green and yellow on the helmet....Hmmm, decision, decisions....

Maybe 2 yellow and 2 green???

boorny88
24th August 2010, 01:59 PM
2 green and 2 yellow sounds good to me

Nurb608
24th August 2010, 02:15 PM
Stick with green, the yellow will look worse with brake dust. And if you go 2 of each you'll look like an aussie bogan :p

xplosv57
24th August 2010, 07:10 PM
oh dear Glen.......

if you spray your wheels fluro, you are not welcome to park near us!!!!

gman
24th August 2010, 08:14 PM
Why?!?!?Why you no like fluro track wheels??

PrincessPeachey
24th August 2010, 08:16 PM
it seems to be very common in the uk but not just as track wheels. so many black corsas with yellow wheels, they look like bloody bumblebees.

xplosv57
24th August 2010, 08:17 PM
Why?!?!?Why you no like fluro track wheels??

not really, but then again its not my car!! just dont think the wheel design will suit fluro!!

also might wanna get some decent wheel paint, otherwise itll peel off quick with the speed the car will be generating =)!!

Shay
25th August 2010, 02:16 PM
yellow on one side green on the other, make it easier to differentiate in those sub 10 sec pit stops :lol:

or seeing as its phantom spec, fluro purple...

guy 27
25th August 2010, 06:28 PM
Put it on the hoist to start major service tomorrow :)

gman
26th August 2010, 12:23 PM
Just organising when to drop it off for the new engine!!! ;)

boorny88
26th August 2010, 12:38 PM
nice one mate bet its getting even more exciting hay

CORZZA
26th August 2010, 01:05 PM
Cleaned all the rubber from the track off the rear

mr corsa
26th August 2010, 01:30 PM
Just organising when to drop it off for the new engine!!! ;)

aint you putting it in yourself ?

gman
26th August 2010, 03:35 PM
aint you putting it in yourself ?

Nope, leaving it to Insight as I want some other work done at the same time...Removing A/C, new 3" exhaust, new dump pipe and external wastegate plumbing, fit new intake manifold, new oil cooler and replace/re-route stock water feeds etc, replace the I/C piping, fit new FMIC and radiator, retune for the new engine and turbo..

I just don't have the time to do myself....

CNBLU
26th August 2010, 04:06 PM
Man thats alot of cash your splashing out Glenn. Hope you can get traction :)

gman
26th August 2010, 04:20 PM
I'm more worried about how long it is until the gearbox BLOWS!!! :)

CNBLU
26th August 2010, 04:51 PM
Your like the guinea-pig for the rest of us :lol:

ChrisMaz
26th August 2010, 04:59 PM
:emo:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs209.ash2/47175_10150274400850121_630565120_14537316_610796_ n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs209.ash2/47175_10150274400855121_630565120_14537317_6655822 _n.jpg

adam_92
26th August 2010, 05:45 PM
dodgy parking skills i see chris

ChrisMaz
26th August 2010, 05:55 PM
dodgy parking skills i see chris

Actually this time it was more dickhead parked to close to me so I had to roll back further... Then cleaned up a random rock in the uni car park. Still, essentially my fault. :cryin:

adam_92
26th August 2010, 06:11 PM
ouch. not good. where is it ? rhr bumper

ChrisMaz
26th August 2010, 06:21 PM
ouch. not good. where is it ? rhr bumper

yeap.

Hopefully get it sanded, filled and resprayed this weekend.

adam_92
26th August 2010, 06:27 PM
yeah it wont need the whole bar spraying. just blend it in

ChrisMaz
26th August 2010, 06:29 PM
yeah it wont need the whole bar spraying. just blend it in

I will respray the whole thing though, same with the front bar, both need a bit of TLC. Front is full of stone chips, so might as well do both at the same time.

adam_92
26th August 2010, 06:39 PM
ah well if your gonna do it i suppose you may aswel do it all properly haha

glider
26th August 2010, 06:53 PM
-fitted white dials
-fitted new plates
-removed ecu

PrincessPeachey
26th August 2010, 06:58 PM
cleaned the steering wheel trim and surrounding plastics whilst sitting in traffic on the way to work.

in hindsight it probably looked a bit weird. oh well.

guy 27
26th August 2010, 07:06 PM
took lots of things off it today, polished a few bits. its currently 7feet up in the air

Shay
26th August 2010, 07:30 PM
yeap.

Hopefully get it sanded, filled and resprayed this weekend.

hey bro, can you swing past mine before you head to shans?
ill give you those eyelids of mine...

ChrisMaz
26th August 2010, 07:39 PM
I'm hoping cunnie can lend us the spray booth, so might as well come along if he lets us.

Shay
26th August 2010, 08:59 PM
kk bro, sat or sun? im working sat arvo...

ChrisMaz
26th August 2010, 09:34 PM
kk bro, sat or sun? im working sat arvo...

Craigs flat out during the weekend. I'm working both days anyway. Will maybe get something sorted during the week.

scaifeys2.2mk4
27th August 2010, 01:14 AM
listened to my "screamer pipe"
its slowly getting louder

guy 27
27th August 2010, 07:33 PM
lots and tomorrow even more.

bender
27th August 2010, 07:47 PM
washed and vacumed it ready toi go to the panel beater next week :D

poita
27th August 2010, 11:05 PM
drove it :)

it crakles and pops on when you are down revving into corners, love the sound, i think the neighbours hate the loud exhaust.

ahj well

poita
28th August 2010, 09:46 PM
finally figured out what the rattle was from the engine bay.

the bracket that holds the air box is held in with has come loose.

need to get some better nylon nuts me thinks.

either that or get the standard one modified so it fits like I was going to in the first place

guy 27
28th August 2010, 09:47 PM
http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?15191-Guy-27-02-Astra-Sri&p=607565&viewfull=1#post607565

hazrd
28th August 2010, 09:49 PM
speaking of rattles

discovered a rattle in the astra a few weeks ago, and fixed it today.... was the occy strap securing a box in the back, the occy strap wasnt tight enough so it was vibrating on the side clips on the car lol

guy 27
29th August 2010, 05:47 PM
took it to 170km/h.

adam_92
29th August 2010, 06:42 PM
took it to 170km/h.

psycho. haha

today i bought it haha. opened the glovebox and found 10 bucks in change then opened the ashtray and found another 20 bucks in change and a 5 dollar note haha. SCORE!

DWS 92
29th August 2010, 09:46 PM
Gave her a good polish and clean.

metry
29th August 2010, 10:11 PM
took it to 170km/h.
thats 50 more than me. damn evos are quick

hazrd
29th August 2010, 10:20 PM
put an extra 898kms on it

metry
29th August 2010, 10:47 PM
put an extra 898kms on it

you drive to sydney or something?

poita
29th August 2010, 11:44 PM
hit 134,500km on her, not bad for a 95' model ;)

hazrd
30th August 2010, 08:16 AM
you drive to sydney or something?

Bingo

BradstaMS
31st August 2010, 06:08 PM
Bought new shocks, finally

guy 27
31st August 2010, 06:21 PM
modified gearbox breather. I am hoping this is the last time i will have to deal with this issue.

it involved removing old breather, finding suitable location for catch can, make up bracket, paint it and polish cap, run tube from oem breather location to can, run tube from bottom of can to gearbox fill point.

will take some pics tomorrow but really happy with end result. I must admit it looks better than the one c.s. offer.

delemonte
31st August 2010, 11:15 PM
Drove some lovely bridesmaids around in it... while the bride and groom drove around in a Mustang!

xplosv57
1st September 2010, 11:16 AM
Drove some lovely bridesmaids around in it... while the bride and groom drove around in a Mustang!

Pics or BAN!!

bender
2nd September 2010, 05:38 PM
dropped it off to the pannel beaters to get passengers door and spolier re sparayed and repaired

CNBLU
2nd September 2010, 06:37 PM
Detailed the interior. If anyone hasnt tried Autoglym Leather Balm give it a go. The results are amazing and leaves a nice smell aswell.

delemonte
5th September 2010, 12:19 PM
Detailed the interior. If anyone hasnt tried Autoglym Leather Balm give it a go. The results are amazing and leaves a nice smell aswell.

Where's the best place to get this?

delemonte
5th September 2010, 12:20 PM
Yesterday I became a member of the Z20LET w/ VXR turbo club :swg:
Couple of hiccups so it took the whole day but it's in and all looks good atm!

Forgive the dodgy phone camera

Nurb608
5th September 2010, 12:54 PM
Nice work :D

CNBLU
5th September 2010, 03:19 PM
Where's the best place to get this?

Autobahn $20 special

PrincessPeachey
5th September 2010, 08:43 PM
got it bogged.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/PrincessOfPeachey/DSC_0073800.jpg

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/PrincessOfPeachey/DSC_0064800.jpg

sooty
5th September 2010, 08:46 PM
got it bogged.

Fail :lol:

xplosv57
5th September 2010, 08:50 PM
judging by the tyre marks, a bit of understeer caused it???

but yes like Ain said.........

FAIL WHALE!!!!!!!!!!!

boorny88
5th September 2010, 09:29 PM
autoglym leather care its awesome i love it

cyclonic
5th September 2010, 09:49 PM
got it bogged.

Ouch! :(

Me? I took my centre console out to spray it metallic silver.

hazrd
5th September 2010, 10:05 PM
filled it with BP's finest in preparation for another 900kms to add on it... will crack the 50,000k mark just as we are hitting melb

xplosv57
5th September 2010, 10:06 PM
filled it with BP's finest in preparation for another 900kms to add on it... will crack the 50,000k mark just as we are hitting melb

its a race between the astra and polo, who can rack up the highest km!!

hazrd
5th September 2010, 10:10 PM
its a race between the astra and polo, who can rack up the highest km!!

funnily enough, its only 7,000kms in front of the astra
probably wont be allowed to drive the astra for a couple weeks now lol, havent even had it for a year and already done 25,000kms in it.. 7k gap is probably good though so we wont have to pay for two services at the same time...

PrincessPeachey
6th September 2010, 09:23 AM
judging by the tyre marks, a bit of understeer caused it???

but yes like Ain said.........

FAIL WHALE!!!!!!!!!!!

haha it was definitely a fail. i went out to see the river which had water in it for the first time in years, went to pull a u turn, got a bit of mud on the tyres on the other side of the road, so it sorta slid when i did the other half of the u turn, and down she went lol.. my step dad had to pull me back out.. lucky to still have my bumper! and now the balance feels all wonky.. oh well, it's an excuse for getting my new springs and shocks put in ;)

funnily enough, its only 7,000kms in front of the astra
probably wont be allowed to drive the astra for a couple weeks now lol, havent even had it for a year and already done 25,000kms in it.. 7k gap is probably good though so we wont have to pay for two services at the same time...

I'm 2 months shy of having had mine for a year and i've done nearly 27,000! its scary how quick it climbs :(

metry
7th September 2010, 12:01 AM
Fitted my new intake and deresticted the airbox (Y) power gains are probably all mind over matter

delemonte
7th September 2010, 09:01 AM
Bought and tried it - Autoglym Leather Care Balm FTW!

Hit 120,000kms...

PrincessPeachey
7th September 2010, 09:58 AM
cleaned it, got all the mud out of front drivers side wheel, balance is much better now.

boosted_astra
7th September 2010, 02:22 PM
today got car all ready now its for sale if any 1 interested in a 2003 astra sri turbo

delemonte
7th September 2010, 04:37 PM
today got car all ready now its for sale if any 1 interested in a 2003 astra sri turbo

You got the gearbox sorted out then?

boosted_astra
7th September 2010, 04:52 PM
You got the gearbox sorted out then?

certainly did found second hand 1 in mint condish so i grabbed it $3500 all good now she runs a dream

hazrd
7th September 2010, 08:44 PM
washed both
garaged them
now driving the sisters ztec focus for a week while shes in darwin

CNBLU
7th September 2010, 11:49 PM
Bought and tried it - Autoglym Leather Care Balm FTW!

Hit 120,000kms...

good stuff! told you it was good!

CNBLU
7th September 2010, 11:50 PM

good luck with the sale casey

poita
8th September 2010, 08:11 AM
put a baby capsule in it!

woop woop woop

Ice
8th September 2010, 08:14 AM
oh ? your selling the G ? shame bro.....I still remember that massive torque curve at Dyno day, haha

gman
8th September 2010, 05:52 PM
Bought the paint for the wheels...Fluro Green it is..

Why you selling the G mate?

guy 27
8th September 2010, 06:12 PM
bought the paint for the wheels...fluro green it is..

awesome!!!!!

bender
8th September 2010, 08:59 PM
bought this today
cant wait for it to go in on saturday

http://www.jvc-australia.com/JVC/client/c_products_details.jsp?catID=28&prodID=602

dmrmgl
9th September 2010, 08:24 PM
Fixed steering wheel colum by only myself which Holden guys couldnt fix.

story: i had some problem on steering wheel locking system and i brought it to Holden as i want it to be fixed under wrranty.

they fixed it but have done on bad finishing on steering wheel coverage(just under the dials)

so i got my scrw driver and fixed it.

Holden guys.......ar......-1!

Nurb608
9th September 2010, 08:32 PM
New goodies on and new map :)

PrincessPeachey
9th September 2010, 11:22 PM
hit 170,000.

Nurb608
10th September 2010, 11:46 AM
Sent a wheel off to get a paint match so i can get my rims repaired on Monday :)

nuggz
10th September 2010, 11:50 AM
Sent a wheel off to get a paint match so i can get my rims repaired on Monday :)

did u bang up ur wheels?

CNBLU
10th September 2010, 11:50 AM
gutter rash?

CNBLU
10th September 2010, 11:57 AM
Got some more goodies in the mail today :D

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/Hott_For_You/2010-09-10100912.jpg

Nurb608
10th September 2010, 12:02 PM
did u bang up ur wheels?

gutter rash?

Yeah, a while ago and have been too lazy to get it sorted till now :(

guy 27
10th September 2010, 12:19 PM
Yesterday ordered 1 new wheel to replace cracked one

Today ordered 2 new tyres. couldn't get the ones i wanted but these will do for the tassie trip.

xplosv57
10th September 2010, 12:33 PM

Where you getting it done, and how much?

Nurb608
10th September 2010, 12:42 PM
Got some more goodies in the mail today :D

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/Hott_For_You/2010-09-10100912.jpg

Very Nice :D

xplosv57
10th September 2010, 12:43 PM

Nurb608
10th September 2010, 12:43 PM

Getting the same guy who did my vectra wheels. He comes out and does it on site so not 100% on the price yet but 500ml of paint is about $80. I only need 250ml but thought i might as well get extra incase i ever need it again.

gman
10th September 2010, 01:49 PM

That would be my fault :(

nuggz
10th September 2010, 02:04 PM

oh crown car park?

2002_XC
10th September 2010, 02:07 PM

I'm glad it was your fault, I was threatened with death if I ever did it :lol:

metry
10th September 2010, 03:06 PM
spent 4 hours washing it. all in anticipation of the rain (Y)

gman
10th September 2010, 06:31 PM
I'm glad it was your fault, I was threatened with death if I ever did it :lol:

He was pretty dirty when it happened....

Nurb608
10th September 2010, 06:36 PM
He was pretty dirty when it happened....

lol, yes i was :)

My own fault though

gman
10th September 2010, 06:38 PM
Yeah it was, silly boy... LOL ;)

Nah, I felt really bad when it happened cause I organised the meet....

Nurb608
10th September 2010, 06:45 PM
Fine, you can pay for them :p

jks!

It was more me wanting to park and grab a beer, lol

cyclonic
11th September 2010, 12:24 PM
Picked this up yesterday to install into my car:
http://www.alpine.com.au/showItem.php?item_id=160
Also primed the centre console pieces again (did them before but wasn't happy with the final finish the first time around) and will spray them metallic silver this arvo. I'll post up pics once done.
That just leaves the LED conversion to do...

xplosv57
11th September 2010, 03:28 PM
bought another set of wheels

that would now make 4 sets for the Astra

slowly catching up to Ange!! =P

gman
11th September 2010, 03:53 PM
Nice...Racing wheels?? 16's or 17's??

xplosv57
11th September 2010, 04:53 PM
Nice...Racing wheels?? 16's or 17's??

Yeah 17s, easier to get semi slicks for it and a bit wider than the 16s.

gman
11th September 2010, 06:30 PM
Nice...Winton is shaping up to be fun!!! :)

boosted_astra
11th September 2010, 08:36 PM
Cheers gav

boosted_astra
11th September 2010, 08:37 PM
lol very tru to much boost was fun tho hhehee

DIXIE
11th September 2010, 08:49 PM
today i gave my car a go with some of that meguiars ultimate quik detailer something something and no streak window cleaner something something.. and busted out the metal polish and did a quick do over on my exhaust tip and cooler end tanks..

FOOK MI the car looks brand new :P time to do some hektik chap laps methinks

gmonkey
11th September 2010, 08:55 PM
Wired up my other 4ch amp to power my rears... Sounded shit, having problems with splitting my rcas so gone back down to just the 2 amps

cyclonic
12th September 2010, 11:15 AM
Got the shits with spray painting the centre console. Just can't get it right! So, i'm going to sand the paint down, then.... paper mache over it! Yep, i'm going to do the trims in paper mache. Probably a silver paper, then i'll clear coat it and jobs done! Bought some white LED's yesterday as well. Put the first three into the MFD, but am going to need a diffuser of some sort to even out the spread of light.

metry
12th September 2010, 06:12 PM
today i gave my car a go with some of that meguiars ultimate quik detailer something something and no streak window cleaner something something.. and busted out the metal polish and did a quick do over on my exhaust tip and cooler end tanks..

FOOK MI the car looks brand new :P time to do some hektik chap laps methinks

yeh i always use their quick detailers. they are mad.

Vectracious
12th September 2010, 07:16 PM
washed it - was so dirty forgot what colour the wheels were.... :(

CNBLU
12th September 2010, 07:18 PM
put in my new car mats :)

bender
12th September 2010, 07:21 PM
played with my new toy

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs205.ash2/46813_441822222704_541582704_5193832_4790383_n.jpg

and got a visit from the police about a noise complaint woops :D

xplosv57
12th September 2010, 08:20 PM
broke my drivers side mirror cos some clown decided to veer into my lane going the other way......

only thing that makes me feel better is knowing a MK 5 Golf mirror is gonna be way more expensive than an Astra G one!!

Nurb608
12th September 2010, 09:42 PM
Had my car detailed, cheers Steve ;)

delemonte
13th September 2010, 09:48 AM
Did 120k service on the weekend and also had X20XEV cams installed - compliments of Matt.

Was very happy with how clean the inside of the engine was :)

gman
13th September 2010, 12:00 PM
Painted my track wheels fluro green...Just about to leave and drop the car off for the new engine....Only just slightly excited... ;)

Nurb608
13th September 2010, 02:15 PM
Finally had my damaged rims repaired :)

btm
13th September 2010, 03:21 PM
Finally had my damaged rims repaired :)

what happened?

poita
13th September 2010, 03:28 PM
beer

btm
13th September 2010, 03:29 PM
jealous

Nurb608
13th September 2010, 03:31 PM
what happened?

Accidently curbed one a while back. Was pretty bad :( The other one had an imperfection from day 1 so thought i'd get it done at the same time. Came up a treat :)

PS88
13th September 2010, 03:48 PM
Bought these sxcy 19 inch wheels

willhouse
13th September 2010, 04:04 PM
Niice, will look the goods!!

xplosv57
13th September 2010, 07:22 PM
bought a brand new complete drivers mirror for $65 off ebay, made the best out of a bad situation!!

cyclonic
13th September 2010, 07:29 PM
Installed the Alpine HU, only to find that i've done it wrong. I'll fix that tonight. Put the centre console trim back on but it looks like crap so will take it off again and sand it back down.

Shay
13th September 2010, 09:55 PM
got in a minor fendor bender. my car is fine, Pug 306 GTi not so...

metry
14th September 2010, 09:35 AM

ahh that sucks. glad your ok though and your cars not too badly damaged

btm
14th September 2010, 09:47 AM
i havent moved my car in almost 2 months!

JohnBu
14th September 2010, 10:04 AM

Whose fault?

Shay
14th September 2010, 10:46 PM
Whose fault?

will wait til insurance decides, but im pretty adamant its not mine...

guy 27
15th September 2010, 04:52 PM
replaced cracked rim, put 2 new tyres on front (pirelli p7000).
went to put 5th 18" wheel into spare wheel well and then realised its 1" too wide to fit in. so will need to build false floor for it.

PS88
15th September 2010, 06:59 PM
This (18's)

Soon (19's)

willhouse
15th September 2010, 07:11 PM
This (18's)

Soon (19's)

Those rims look the goods!!

gmonkey
16th September 2010, 01:40 AM
19"s look good 18"s look horribad