PDA

View Full Version : What have you done to your car lately?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

Feelinlucky75
11th July 2011, 03:57 PM
new coil pack in, no change... :(

faneca
11th July 2011, 04:03 PM
Literally just finished putting the new grill in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shay
11th July 2011, 04:05 PM
decided my car is leaking too much oil to be safe to drive, so drove another car to work :(

SLY-SRiT
11th July 2011, 06:20 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/db5ada3c-b18d-5ccc.jpg

Got the intercooler kit fitted :D

2.5" mandrel bent stainless steel turbo back exhaust (sounds insane now)

White line front sway bar :D

Removed the top hat, still have my pod filter but need to start looking got a new air box (recommendations highly appreciated)

Tomorrow will fit my new headlights with new bulbs, even for the fog lights :D

Next on the list is a VXR Turbo and map

Dahlia
12th July 2011, 08:57 PM
Pretty productive car day for me.

Installed Vectra air intake.
Installed Repco 'Bosch Aero Twin style' wipers.
Installed Vectra smoked interior light with map lights.

Photos in my car thread ;)

Ascona C GT
12th July 2011, 09:32 PM
Pretty productive car day for me.

Installed Vectra air intake.
Installed Repco 'Bosch Aero Twin style' wipers.
Installed Vectra smoked interior light with map lights.

Photos in my car thread ;)

What engine you got in your Vectra?

Dahlia
12th July 2011, 09:40 PM
What engine you got in your Vectra?
I have an Astra G lol :)

Ascona C GT
12th July 2011, 09:59 PM
haha says on the bottom....my bad! sorry... :P

Dahlia
13th July 2011, 12:31 AM
Just ordered a Vectra auto dimming rear view mirror. And a 5mm red led to replace the original one in it. Then I have the fun of running an ignition live wire from the cigarette lighter all the way up to the mirror. :rolleyes5:

Dahlia
13th July 2011, 12:46 AM
Aaaaaand... Just ordered some angel eyes.
So my headlights will be on sale soon. They are dark tinted and have black surrounds.
(Aftermarket from Holden).

SLY-SRiT
13th July 2011, 05:17 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/db5ada3c-4662-02cf.jpg

Installed new headlights with all new blue vision bulbs whilst the bumper is still off getting painted

faneca
13th July 2011, 09:49 PM
like the no.plate mate :yesnod:

drove it to the movies

guy 27
13th July 2011, 10:53 PM
drove it and loved every minute of it.

dglewis80
14th July 2011, 07:41 AM
Taking the Vectra to get its timing belt done!

dglewis80
14th July 2011, 07:41 AM
And water pump!

hazrd
14th July 2011, 07:56 AM
Wished I could drive it :(

JMZ
14th July 2011, 09:22 AM
picked it up from JaxQuickfit Maroochydore with 4 new Kuhmo KU31's fitted. no more horrible road noise!!

Car has also spent a week proir at the panel beaters having the front end repaired plus a new front bar fitted that looks similar to an sri-t front end......but not.

bought some black mesh to place behind the bumper to hide the AC condensor.

I will be updating my ride thread this evening and over the coming weekend during my bro-tek session so stay tuned!

gman
14th July 2011, 10:37 AM
What front bar did you get and where from???

JMZ
14th July 2011, 02:16 PM
I got a 'Warp' style bumper from NiceDeals.co.uk but I haven't had the most pleasing experience with them....

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?30444-Not-so-NiceDeals.cok.up

I've visually compared the bumper to the image shown in the item decription......not the same. about 80% similar. I'm happy with the look but could be happier if I got exactly what I ordered.

Bloodnok
16th July 2011, 02:17 PM
Astra: stuffed a battery in the front of it. It starts now, so we don't have to use our ski-ramp of a driveway to bumpstart it...
Vectra: worried about it being in the repair shop. Hoping they'll get it right this time.

Shadow110
16th July 2011, 04:04 PM
Put new globes in it, 4000k ones nice and bright.
Looking on how to stick the new badges on the car...
Stainless steel on the car, what to use?

Drache Mithal
16th July 2011, 05:47 PM
Finally found and fixed a leak in my boot (fugging water was getting in via the aerial base argh!!!) Also installed a replacement roof liner into my veccy, so far looking good and not drooping! :D

Bloodnok
16th July 2011, 06:42 PM
Also installed a replacement roof liner into my veccy, so far looking good and not drooping! :D

Where did you get this? Mine has sagged across the entire roof. I could take it somewhere to have it retrimmed, but if it can be done at home, that's a hell of a lot more convenient...

Dahlia
16th July 2011, 08:47 PM
Put new globes in it, 4000k ones nice and bright.
Looking on how to stick the new badges on the car...
Stainless steel on the car, what to use?
Some good double sided tape.

jaffa-cree
17th July 2011, 10:58 AM
Gave it a good wash before putting her up for sale :(

faneca
17th July 2011, 11:09 AM
Got bored at midnight so dodgyly sprayed my engine cover

Drache Mithal
17th July 2011, 12:17 PM
Where did you get this? Mine has sagged across the entire roof. I could take it somewhere to have it retrimmed, but if it can be done at home, that's a hell of a lot more convenient...

I pulled one out of a wreck from pick n payless (a big DIY wrecker yard in Sydney), carefully gave it a clean with Autoglym interior shampoo, patched up a small bubble & cigarette burn it had with some contact adhesive & spare cloth from old lining, and voila! Cost me $50 for the roof liner, $17 for the shampoo, $10 for the adhesive. Some car interior place was going to charge me $250 to do it, or $40 per square meter for the cloth. From what i read online its fairly easy to re-trim if you know what you're doing, i just found it easier to swap it out hehe.

Bloodnok
17th July 2011, 04:09 PM
I pulled one out of a wreck from picknpayless

Ah, fair enough :)

From what i read online its fairly easy to re-trim if you know what you're doing.

I'll have to investigate that. "Knowing what you are doing" often rules me out, but sometimes I can surprise myself :)

The actual fabric I've got isn't damaged - it's just hanging away from the backing across the entire roof. I'm now wondering if, with some patience and the correct glue, I could stick it back on...

Oh, Astra: Changed rego label over. Also secured the dashmat. Apparently, pulling out of a side turning rapidly dislodges it, and it ends up sat in your lap. Two big black cable ties should see it hoon-compatible now :)

Feelinlucky75
17th July 2011, 04:37 PM
Ah, fair enough :)

I'll have to investigate that. "Knowing what you are doing" often rules me out, but sometimes I can surprise myself :)

The actual fabric I've got isn't damaged - it's just hanging away from the backing across the entire roof. I'm now wondering if, with some patience and the correct glue, I could stick it back on...

Oh, Astra: Changed rego label over. Also secured the dashmat. Apparently, pulling out of a side turning rapidly dislodges it, and it ends up sat in your lap. Two big black cable ties should see it hoon-compatible now :)

If you can get a tin of it, use rubber cement and a roller... The rubber cement will be able to flex and won't melt in the heat...

Drache Mithal
17th July 2011, 04:54 PM

The fabric itself will probably be shot, even if it doesn't look like it. The problem is the fabric & foam backing are sold as a combo and it's glued to the pressed cardboard base. Over time the glue holding the foam to the fabric would have broken down and separated, causing the bubbles to form. If it's small bubbles the contact adhesive sometimes works. If its a big job it's best to do is to pull off all the fabric, scrape the deteriorated foam away and then put fresh fabric/foam combo on.

Veccy - one leak is solved, another one shows up! More silicon applied to boot, hopefully fixes this up and i can put my boot back together.

Bloodnok
17th July 2011, 05:20 PM
The fabric itself will probably be shot, even if it doesn't look like it. The problem is the fabric & foam backing are sold as a combo and it's glued to the pressed cardboard base. Over time the glue holding the foam to the fabric would have broken down and separated, causing the bubbles to form. If it's small bubbles the contact adhesive sometimes works. If its a big job it's best to do is to pull off all the fabric, scrape the deteriorated foam away and then put fresh fabric/foam combo on.

Aha - I see. So while some people have issues with the cardboard (mainly when the roof leaks), the actual lining material itself fails between the layers too. Fair enough :)

Veccy - one leak is solved, another one shows up! More silicon applied to boot, hopefully fixes this up and i can put my boot back together.

Damn...

JMZ
17th July 2011, 09:53 PM
took off the bumper strips, door cards (for door handles) and side skirts off ready for painting.

man what a mission. still haven't quite worked out how to detach the locking mechanism from the exterior door handles yet. looking for a how to on AOC.

Dahlia
18th July 2011, 09:22 AM
took off the bumper strips, door cards (for door handles) and side skirts off ready for painting.

man what a mission. still haven't quite worked out how to detach the locking mechanism from the exterior door handles yet. looking for a how to on AOC.
Are you painting them yourself?

Big Chris
18th July 2011, 09:40 AM
Detailed theTS, ready to go onto the market.....will be missed

CNBLU
18th July 2011, 04:07 PM
Washed it. Waxed it. Thought about selling it.

Neeko
18th July 2011, 04:33 PM
what would it be replaced with?

CNBLU
18th July 2011, 05:07 PM
what would it be replaced with?

not thought that far ahead :lol:

hazrd
18th July 2011, 05:16 PM
//fanboy

Golf R :p

//fanboy

edit: or at least hold off until next years release of Opel!!

CNBLU
18th July 2011, 05:36 PM
//fanboy

Golf R :p

//fanboy

edit: or at least hold off until next years release of Opel!!

Would love a Golf R but not looking at spending that much.

Not sure on the new Opels...

BradstaMS
18th July 2011, 07:08 PM
My Astra died on Thursday, timing belt bearing died and threw it all out of the correct timing. $1500 - $2000 to fix, borderline suicidal, I love my Astra :(

Dahlia
18th July 2011, 07:19 PM
My Astra died on Thursday, timing belt bearing died and threw it all out of the correct timing. $1500 - $2000 to fix, borderline suicidal, I love my Astra :(
ah noooo :(

JMZ
18th July 2011, 07:32 PM
Are you painting them yourself?

took exterior door handles out this evening after work.

getting a friend of mine, who is a paint shop foreman at a panel beaters, to do the paint work for me for a couple of cartons.

Bloodnok
18th July 2011, 07:39 PM
Got it back from the repairers. Too dark to properly look at it, so I'll get to see it in daylight first tomorrow morning, but it's looking more promising. Radiator is mounted properly, and apparently isn't leaking. It's got red coolant in it this time, too. Wiring is secured. Body looks better behind the headlight, too - and the panel gaps have all closed up around the headlights (with the exception of the gap to the front bar, which is now enormous).

Ascona C GT
18th July 2011, 07:44 PM
ah noooo :(

Good opportunity to slot a turbo engine in it, only extra couple of grand perhaps..!?

guy 27
19th July 2011, 06:42 PM
Purchased and picked up:
New Genuine floor mats
2x Cruze Sri front grill badges
Monza 4 point harness

Devo
19th July 2011, 06:48 PM

sucks man :(

Greenmeanie
19th July 2011, 08:14 PM
Sorry for you man ,but it can be fixed and better than ever ,a lot of people think it is the end but fixed without shortcuts and the car is fine and if you decide to buy another you dont know for sure if that is going to go the same way. Weigh up the cost and decide a plan.
Cheers Chris :)

Shay
19th July 2011, 09:10 PM
Purchased and picked up:
New Genuine floor mats
2x Cruze Sri front grill badges
Monza 4 point harness

why did you go 2" may i ask?

guy 27
19th July 2011, 09:23 PM
why did you go 2" may i ask?

Price was too good to pass up. I will eventully get a higher quality 3" setup but for the mean time it will do.

Greenmeanie
19th July 2011, 09:28 PM
I have spent the last 2 days fixing up taffys now my vectra http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?26986-Taffy-Vectra-V6http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/warwick_bucket/Vectra002.jpg

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/warwick_bucket/DSCF1691.jpg

I had been waiting for parts,these came last week and now the vectra is fixed. It was a bit of a challenge as I was fixinging it interstate,i had to take all my tools and parts with me. I removed the heads and sussed out the damage 5 or 6 weeks ago you may have seen me post that the inlet valves were bent. i had them replaced the head cleaned and shaved with all new seals and exaust and inlets seated.
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/warwick_bucket/DSCF1685.jpg

That left me to replace the heads ,new head gaskets ,timing belt,tensioner, idler pulley, water pump,aux belt aux tensioner etc. Gave it a full service ,plugs filters,oil,coolant etc
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/warwick_bucket/DSCF1686.jpg
This is my girlfriend giving me a hand to put the auxilary tensioner on the back of the head:crazy: I forgot to put it on earlier and my hands were a bit big for comfort so she helped....What a woman:yesnod:
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/warwick_bucket/DSCF1688.jpghttp://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/warwick_bucket/DSCF1687.jpg
Well its all done and it remains to be seen if i make this my daily Drive. I removed the bull bar. I intend to use this. It was not show it was welded alloy,very light and strong. It was wired for driving lights with relay etc. i have included a shot of how it was done behind the bumper for those intrested. I drove up to Brisbane Saturday and up the New England hwy we were dodgeing roo's along the way. Tomorrow I am towing a boat up to my girlfriends daughters at charters towers....lol Who said these Vectra's are not work horses. I hope the roos are not around ,what is in my favour is It will be mostly day driving.

AfterBurner
19th July 2011, 09:36 PM
Had my guards rolled yesterday (thx to 'Sydney Guard Rolling' - I highly recommend Nelson, takes his time & does it right!) to fit my new set of 20's on courtesy of eBay..

Here it is, looks frkn sweet in the flesh too...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-s8PC8yRiyr4/TiVnxoWh2-I/AAAAAAAAABc/fqVELVGKcws/s912/photo%2525201.JPG

Hope u all like... Finally got off my ass & started a car thread too for anyone interested in my other mods to date...

Silver Surfer
19th July 2011, 09:56 PM
Looks Wicked

ChrisMaz
20th July 2011, 01:54 AM
BBOSS Eleanors? Love em mate.

AfterBurner
20th July 2011, 08:12 AM
BBOSS Eleanors? Love em mate.

Nah, they came from Tempe Tyres...

Starcorp 'Variant' - apparently they are the only dist. of this brand... From eBay so not sure if it's true or not...

btm
20th July 2011, 11:20 AM

how many km had the old one done? sorry to hear!

btm
20th July 2011, 11:21 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-s8PC8yRiyr4/TiVnxoWh2-I/AAAAAAAAABc/fqVELVGKcws/s912/photo%2525201.JPG
looks mint dude!

delemonte
20th July 2011, 01:03 PM
Fitted el-cheapo Aerotwin wiper blades at $12/pair - love them! The true test will be whether or not they last...

Also fitted a new DIN65 battery. Old battery was purchased September 2006 so not too shabby...
After replacing the battery, I suddenly wished I had reset the ECU at the beginning of winter - I would have thought the ECU would have adjusted automatically by now, but since changing the battery over and effectively resetting the ECU, I got in the car and was taken by absolute surprise about 10mins into the drive when I gave it a little and the car sudddenly launched itself ferociously.. Feels great now!

PS. With all this cold weather and the FMIC, I am getting 8 degree celsius intake temperatures some nights =D The best part about the FMIC is that the intake temperature is peaking at about 28 degrees when under boost. Before FMIC, it was easily reaching above 50 degrees under boost. Enjoy the cold fellas ;)

metry
20th July 2011, 06:02 PM

car looks p0rn mate

BradstaMS
20th July 2011, 07:59 PM
how many km had the old one done? Sorry to hear!

15,000 km :|

gman
20th July 2011, 08:08 PM

Decided that the new gearbox will have a Nissan input shaft spline (the weird Astra spline is to hard to match) and I'm going keep the 5.5" AP Racing twin plate clutch I have which has Nissan splines.

So now I have to get a new flywheel and will have a Courtenay lightened flywheel and custom heavy duty clutch with 150km's that I will have to sell...

Dahlia
20th July 2011, 09:57 PM
Installed an airbrushed engine cover.
Wired up my red led swc to light up whenever the headunits on. :)
Photos in my thread.

Shay
20th July 2011, 10:40 PM
Replaced cam cover seal (again...) this one only last 3 months...

Still got a lot to do before german car day tho...

Stance
21st July 2011, 01:49 AM
Found foot prints on my bonnet !!

Why? makes no sense at all

SLY-SRiT
21st July 2011, 02:37 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/db5ada3c-acfa-a879.jpg

Hit 98k :(

AfterBurner
21st July 2011, 03:13 PM
Umm mah.. pic whilst driving!!! Prolly speeding too huh? lol.. Get more fuel while ur at it... :prrr:

hazrd
21st July 2011, 03:21 PM
Umm mah.. pic whilst driving!!! Prolly speeding too huh? lol.. Get more fuel while ur at it... :prrr:

Nah... he was probably on a dyno :p

btm
21st July 2011, 03:23 PM
Ooooo, blue lights!

Feelinlucky75
21st July 2011, 03:44 PM
Got it back after a month off road... Has new sparks, coil pack, airflow meter and the timing has been sorted, it was 1 tooth out! Not good when it was a mechanic who did the timing belt and water pump 2 months ago... I.reckon I should be good for another 30 thousand k's atleast...

Shay
21st July 2011, 04:10 PM
Used Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner... mmmmm smoky...

willhouse
21st July 2011, 04:18 PM
http://tapatalk.com/mu/db5ada3c-acfa-a879.jpg

Hit 98k :(

Are they stock turb guages?

btm
21st July 2011, 04:21 PM

nah, blue LEDs installed

willhouse
21st July 2011, 04:24 PM
yeah, but the actual guage, is it stock? 2.2 sri seems to be the inverse, as in the face is lit up, and the dials blacked out. Looks waay better on that pic!

btm
21st July 2011, 04:51 PM
oh right, now i know what you mean... no idea then!

Lightning07
21st July 2011, 06:34 PM
Bolted on my new 18's

Ascona C GT
21st July 2011, 07:11 PM
Decided that the new gearbox will have a Nissan input shaft spline (the weird Astra spline is to hard to match) and I'm going keep the 5.5" AP Racing twin plate clutch I have which has Nissan splines.

So now I have to get a new flywheel and will have a Courtenay lightened flywheel and custom heavy duty clutch with 150km's that I will have to sell...

Will that flywheel fit to Vectra b V6 man?

glider
21st July 2011, 07:12 PM
watched the new owner drive away in it (truck) and drove the new one to the bank to make a deposit

poita
21st July 2011, 07:14 PM
watched the new owner drive away in it (truck) and drove the new one to the bank to make a deposit

:) yet :(

Greenmeanie
21st July 2011, 07:14 PM
Broke my windscreen.:( Showered with stones from an oncoming car that could not drive on the tar. Was not impressed all the other stones did little but the one that hit the edge and goodnight the windscreen :blush2:
http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz8/warwick_bucket/DSCF1704.jpg
Petrol was dear $1.76 /litre at Belyando crossing. message to self next time I drag a 2 ton boat fill its fuel tank for the car

03srit
21st July 2011, 07:45 PM

I think that's plasma.. though is that the Sri turb needle?

SLY-SRiT
21st July 2011, 10:52 PM

Haha, nah I wasn't speeding :P cruise control was set, I was on my home from work lol

SLY-SRiT
21st July 2011, 10:55 PM
nah, blue LEDs installed

There plasma glow dials, got them for $70 Inc postage from America. Pretty easy to install, just gotta work out something with the needles. The stock turbo needles are black, but I had a xc Barina cluster in the shed so I "borrowed" the white needles off them :)

SLY-SRiT
21st July 2011, 10:56 PM
I think that's plasma.. though is that the Sri turb needle?

Hahah XC Barina needles. As there white and actually light up at night, versus the solid black Sri turbo ones which don't

Shay
21st July 2011, 11:03 PM
Will that flywheel fit to Vectra b V6 man?

nope, wrong spline.

03srit
21st July 2011, 11:30 PM
Hahah XC Barina needles. As there white and actually light up at night, versus the solid black Sri turbo ones which don't

Yeah coz mines solid black and wondered why yours light up.. is it hard to take the needles off?

SLY-SRiT
22nd July 2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah coz mines solid black and wondered why yours light up.. is it hard to take the needles off?

Nah, they just pop right off :) I actually have a red set of the Barina Sri, but at night they didn't really light up too crash hot. So stuck with the white ones of ur stock xc's. I wish I had of replaced the globes behind the dash with brighter ones whilst it was out tho

ChrisMaz
22nd July 2011, 03:35 AM
Looked at my car, Couldn't stop smiling. Couldn't stop staring.

Got yelled at for not serving the customer waiting to get served.

Dahlia
22nd July 2011, 07:54 AM
Use a fork to pop them off ;)

SLY-SRiT
22nd July 2011, 10:39 AM
Use a fork to pop them off ;)

HEY!! that's what I used too hahah

Dahlia
22nd July 2011, 06:17 PM
Installed a vectra auto dimming rear view mirror today :)

Bloodnok
22nd July 2011, 06:59 PM
Installed a vectra auto dimming rear view mirror today :)

Is there a decent howto for this available somewhere? If not, do you feel like writing one?

Dahlia
22nd July 2011, 07:22 PM
Is there a decent howto for this available somewhere? If not, do you feel like writing one?
There isn't an how to, no. I had to search around and read little bits here and there. I can write something up if you would like. :)
Photos have been posted on my car thread.

ChrisMaz
22nd July 2011, 07:27 PM
Theres a VERY detailed one on vectra-c.com

If you don't want to join to view it PM me and I'll chuck it into an email.

Dahlia
22nd July 2011, 07:35 PM
Theres a VERY detailed one on vectra-c.com

If you don't want to join to view it PM me and I'll chuck it into an email.
But is it a guide for installing it in an Astra?
As long as you know what the wires are its not that hard.

Black > Switched live from cigarette lighter
Brown > Earth using a screw above the interior light
White/black > Reverse wire from passengers kick panel

Thats all I wired up.
You can also wire up the gray wire into the interior light so the mirror doesnt dim when the lights on, but I didn't do that. (But I have the wire sitting above the light just in case I want to hook it up in the future).

The mirror I got also has two other wires, they are unused as apparently they are meant to go to your door mirrors if you have dimming door mirrors (which I don't).

Daisy
23rd July 2011, 10:02 PM

poita
23rd July 2011, 10:04 PM
ticked over to 136,000km

the last 5000 took about 4 years :lol:

JohnBu
24th July 2011, 01:13 AM
ticked over to 136,000km

the last 5000 took about 4 years :lol:

What has the car cost you per km for the last 4 years? :D

Shay
24th July 2011, 03:19 AM
Washed, quick waxed, blacked bumper, tidied interior, re-installed stereo, tuned stereo, put on OA 3D stickers, painted tow eyelet, almost installed second race seat (didnt buy enough nuts and bolts).

all that took 14 hours nearly non stop.

So will be waiting at bunnings at 7am so that i can install the seat and get to the German Car Day meet by 8am...

poita
24th July 2011, 08:05 AM
What has the car cost you per km for the last 4 years? :D

Somewhere between $2.50 and $3.50, stopped counting tbh lol

SAopelgal
24th July 2011, 07:58 PM
Doors, bonnet, boot, Bumbers, lip, Lights, Half of the inside of my car removed.

Sanded back the body shell ready to be sprayed tomorrow.

Cleaned up all bumper and plastics ready to be put back on after car is finished .

:)

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/IMG_1359.jpghttp://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/IMG_1357.jpghttp://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/IMG_1354.jpg

Devo
24th July 2011, 08:10 PM
looking forward to seeing more from the post below :)

SAopelgal
25th July 2011, 06:02 PM
Taped her up.
Ready for her shell to be sprayed http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/IMG_1371.jpg

and here she is baking in the sun,

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/IMG_1372.jpg

lonewolf1983
25th July 2011, 10:40 PM
picked her up after getting FMIC + 3" turbo back exhaust fitted.
Holy crap.

SO much better spool, noise, and feels a shitload quicker.
Still have to load up a phase 2 tune as well!

adam_92
25th July 2011, 11:03 PM
Taped her up.
Ready for her shell to be sprayed http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/IMG_1371.jpg

and here she is baking in the sun,

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/IMG_1372.jpg

Looks awesome. Why the Respray though? Crap paint or bit of customization

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

SAopelgal
26th July 2011, 05:07 PM
Looks awesome. Why the Respray though? Crap paint or bit of customization

Crap paint when i bought the car the paint was a bit faded after countless efforts of cutting and waxing her i thought just respray the whole car will be less effort in the long run and the Cat Compound was just not cutting it.

Past "Owner"/Owners" must have had it as a project car cos the RH side, Front bumper, Rear bumper had 2K paint and Clear coat on it where the rest of the car was simply just 2K paint ( The origin of the paint on my car will be a mystery forever) .

I will keep the photos coming she should be done by Friday (Hopefully) .

:givemebeer:

Dahlia
26th July 2011, 05:15 PM
Replaced my poor broken aerial with a tiny one.

jamesfrancis
26th July 2011, 07:22 PM
Still waiting to get my car back from bodyshop :(

Hopefully this week and I can get some pic's up :D

Drache Mithal
26th July 2011, 09:04 PM
Removed my stop-gap pre-facelift Vectra drivers side mirror, and installed my shiny new (well second hand shiny) facelift mirror :)

Bloodnok
27th July 2011, 10:52 AM
Removed my stop-gap pre-facelift Vectra drivers side mirror, and installed my shiny new (well second hand shiny) facelift mirror :)

Hmmm....

Don't happen to also have a spare passenger side facelift one do you? I've just noticed the bloody repair place put a pre-facelift replacement mirror on the passenger door of my vec when repairing it...

Really don't want to go back there unless I absolutely have to (complete pain in the arse to deal with, and disrupts my work every time I have to deal with them), so I'd rather replace it myself...

Drache Mithal
27th July 2011, 04:19 PM
Nup sorry, i ordered mine from a wreckers in the UK. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/derbyvauxhallspares is guy i used.

The guy is pretty decently priced and quick to respond, and is happy to quote on parts not on his ebay store too.

guy 27
27th July 2011, 04:37 PM
took some measurements.

SAopelgal
27th July 2011, 07:42 PM
Started putting her back together

Sorry for the pics guys they're a little big
http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/IMG_1376.jpghttp://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/IMG_1377.jpg:arf:

poita
27th July 2011, 07:51 PM
should paint the engine cover to match ;)

Dahlia
27th July 2011, 09:03 PM
Pulling bits off my car to replace leds when they get delivered... not putting them back in until I change the leds so the car looks a little used and abused atm haha.

metry
27th July 2011, 10:55 PM
put the spare wheel on for the first time :( had a cracked rim from driving with no tyre pressure. some c**t deflated two of my tyres. ah well new rim tomorrow as well as tyres

adam_92
27th July 2011, 11:33 PM
Gsi... bought new wheels and tyres... that makes 3 sets now. Bought.new driveshaft because I broke one haha and getting the engine tomorrow

Vectra. Drove it to work and back.

Shay
28th July 2011, 12:02 AM
which engine?

ChrisMaz
28th July 2011, 01:32 AM
Got the Exhaust welded and secured to the car.
Emissions light popped up for the second time.

CNBLU
28th July 2011, 11:43 AM
Sprayed my centre console and got it ready for fittng

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k104/Hott_For_You/2011-07-28112944.jpg

Daisy
28th July 2011, 02:05 PM

dutchy
28th July 2011, 04:07 PM
Had a look at the engine, that's in pieces, made love to a piston :swg: and went home satisfied leaving the car in a dark corner of the workshop.

Ice
28th July 2011, 04:31 PM
Put a nail in the wall of my relatively new kuhmos :( at a tyre place waiting for 2 new rears to be replaced.....

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

poita
28th July 2011, 06:22 PM
Changed the crossovers to the ones I bought, still the same result.

So now have to pull out RCA's and speaker cables to see if I can find the issue.

Actually fell asleep in the car while I was doing it! Damn I need a break

Dahlia
28th July 2011, 07:21 PM
Removed my number plate light plastic to give it a clean and dropped the bulb and broke it... D'OH!
Now I gotta drive to a servo after work tonight to replace it, which is annoying since I already bought a LED light from eBay and I'm still waiting for it to arrive....

Devo
28th July 2011, 09:33 PM
Drove to a house round the corner. walked into a mans front yard and said " noticed your pulling the engine out of your astra. what are your plans?" had a chat for a while... then got back in my car and drove off. nice man.

Nurb608
28th July 2011, 09:34 PM
Fitted the new fire extinguisher braket Mach 1 to meet the new CAMS regs.

guy 27
28th July 2011, 09:57 PM
took it for a spin.

Shay
28th July 2011, 10:15 PM
Fitted the new fire extinguisher braket Mach 1 to meet the new CAMS regs.

what do the new regs state?
i might have to change mine...

dglewis80
28th July 2011, 10:19 PM

I think it has to be bolted down now, not screwed.

Nurb608
28th July 2011, 10:31 PM

I think it has to be bolted down now, not screwed.

Pretty much. Must withstand 25G's, which it's always said, but now they aren't accepting them screwed in over in Vic.

Ice
28th July 2011, 10:52 PM
took it for a spin.

and........ ? lol

guy 27
28th July 2011, 11:08 PM
and........ ? lol

astras don't make good ballerinas

Ice
28th July 2011, 11:48 PM
astras don't make good ballerinas

haha better sprinters then ? ;)

SAopelgal
30th July 2011, 02:57 PM
Put her back together.
shes done for now.

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/279354_125379597556312_100002528179236_157751_1646 264_o.jpg

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/279324_125379454222993_100002528179236_157750_2744 093_o.jpg

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/278833_125379744222964_100002528179236_157752_4037 51_o.jpg

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/SAopelgal/277436_125379944222944_100002528179236_157753_2277 234_o.jpg

Gatecrasher
30th July 2011, 03:40 PM
Fitted Michelin Pilot Sport PS3s soooo good thanks to those for the advice!

Feelinlucky75
30th July 2011, 03:46 PM
Put her back together.
shes done for now.

Looks awsome... Great job

poita
30th July 2011, 05:25 PM
whats with the ugly things on the bonnet and boot lid

faneca
30th July 2011, 05:28 PM
Finally polished my front bar

Nurb608
30th July 2011, 07:53 PM
Stuffed my front lip more that it already was :lol:

Drache Mithal
1st August 2011, 01:22 PM
Re-Installed rear seats & boot panels after finding & plugging an annoyingly hard to find boot leak!

delemonte
1st August 2011, 03:23 PM
Drove it out with my girlfriend... drove it home with my fiancée :)

Edit: Let the congratulations, scorn, and ridicule begin... :p

CNBLU
1st August 2011, 03:33 PM
Congratulations, you have officially lost half your assests :lol:

adam_92
1st August 2011, 03:37 PM
Congrats mate.

adam_92
1st August 2011, 03:38 PM
Congratulations, you have officially lost half your assests :lol:

Plus any mods have to be pre approved by her haha

delemonte
1st August 2011, 03:50 PM
Plus any mods have to be pre approved by her haha

Haha.. Well she already approved of the EDS IPF unit.. Just havta decide myself whether or not I wanna take the Astra further or close the lid on the money jar.

My thinking is ARP rod bolts, EDS IPF unit, LEH injectors and AFM - then leave it...

Bloodnok
1st August 2011, 04:09 PM
My car: Drove it out with my girlfriend...
Fiancée's car: drove it home.

There, I fixed it for you :p

Ascona C GT
1st August 2011, 04:25 PM
She only married you for the car...loll ;)

delemonte
1st August 2011, 05:02 PM
She only married you for the car...loll ;)

Can't blame her, can we? :p

Thanks heaps guys ;)

03srit
1st August 2011, 05:04 PM
Congrats dude..

hazrd
1st August 2011, 05:05 PM
Drove it out with my girlfriend... drove it home with my fiancée :)
Edit: Let the congratulations, scorn, and ridicule begin... :p

My condolances.... :lol:

i kid :) congrats... and dont let her control what you do to the Astra!!!!

Ascona C GT
1st August 2011, 05:32 PM
Can't blame her, can we? :p

Thanks heaps guys ;)
lol my fault...not married yet,but you knew what i meant.:)

faneca
1st August 2011, 05:58 PM
congrats mate

SAopelgal
1st August 2011, 07:39 PM
Gave her a wash :)

Took some measurements, Started constructing a tow bar :)

JMZ
1st August 2011, 09:59 PM
admired the colour coding from the balcony at work. 2 more little pieces and she's done. pics by the weekend.

adam_92
1st August 2011, 10:05 PM
Just bought some new wheels for the veccy

Shay
1st August 2011, 10:50 PM
Haha.. Well she already approved of the EDS IPF unit.. Just havta decide myself whether or not I wanna take the Astra further or close the lid on the money jar.

My thinking is ARP rod bolts, EDS IPF unit, LEH injectors and AFM - then leave it...

Why would you go to the effort of pulling apart the block and changing the rod bolts without doing internal work?

Just bought some new wheels for the veccy

You know the rules...

jamesfrancis
1st August 2011, 11:34 PM
Got a call from body shop today, car is all ready to go :D

Will be picking it up tomorra afternoon, new rims fitted Saturday morning then off to see UNEEQ (Todd) to get my VXR honey comb grilles fitted!!!

I shall be uploading some pics once its all done :D

adam_92
2nd August 2011, 05:24 AM
You know the rules...

I havnt actually got them yet. Gotta wait for them to arrive then fit tyres etc and then you can have pics

delemonte
2nd August 2011, 09:01 AM
Why would you go to the effort of pulling apart the block and changing the rod bolts without doing internal work?
Was just gonna do it from underneath through the sump. Still undecided as to whether I would put the balancer shafts back in or not... I think I would/will.

CNBLU
2nd August 2011, 10:20 AM
this is how my rod bolts were done and i still have my balancer shafts

Ice
2nd August 2011, 10:35 AM
Wow, got a call from Barloworld Glen Waverley following up on a survey i completed a month back. I bought my car in for a CIM module warranty fix and wasnt happy when my car came back and my centre console was moved and not working properly....even so its nowhere near the frikin steering column. So the service manager called me and asked what happened as they are judged against other dealerships and wanted to know why ide scored them so low. I said to bring my car in and lets have a look. Just wasnt expecting that from Holden....although when their stats are involved it becomes a different story. I think some of these horror stories you hear are filtering through to senior levels and now they may actually be trying to do something about it.

Shay
2nd August 2011, 02:38 PM
Was just gonna do it from underneath through the sump. Still undecided as to whether I would put the balancer shafts back in or not... I think I would/will.

but why? if your current ones are fine they will continue to be fine... AFAIK youre not pushing the limits of std internals (correct me if im wrong)

btm
2nd August 2011, 02:52 PM
paid ctp & rego. cant believe she's now 8 years old!

delemonte
2nd August 2011, 04:16 PM
The OEM rod bolts in the LET have occasionally been found to bend once you start nearing the 240kW atf mark.. It's just a precaution I would like to take

bender
2nd August 2011, 05:56 PM
look at it on a trailor in disgust

booked in for a new clutch
there goes 1500 bucks i didnt have :(

hazrd
2nd August 2011, 06:20 PM
Paid rego on the "holden sedan" :lol:

gman
2nd August 2011, 06:24 PM
Got my rego renewal in the mail..Do I re-register or just take it off the road... Hmmmm...

Stuff it, rego me up!!! :lol:

bender
2nd August 2011, 06:31 PM
Paid rego on the "holden sedan" :lol:

no thats next month

jamesfrancis
2nd August 2011, 06:53 PM
Finally got my car back after nearly 8 weeks of waiting!!! :swg:

Here's a couple of quick pic's I took, quality is not great as they were taken on my iphone...

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l551/James_Francis/opelaus/IMG_0276.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l551/James_Francis/opelaus/IMG_0282.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l551/James_Francis/opelaus/IMG_0280.jpg

Made a tiny scratch on the boot whilst debadging :( noob...

Matte black touches look great I think :D Getting my wheels fitted on Saturday then VXR grilles with a bit of help from UNEEQ!!!

:D

SAopelgal
2nd August 2011, 08:28 PM
Finished the tow bar. Went to the cycling shop just to get there and its closed, went for a drive took some silly photos of her :)

Dahlia
2nd August 2011, 08:44 PM
Put on my 3D Opelaus sticker.
Installed one headrest monitor.
Installed LED number plate light.

:) Now its dark and dinner time.

Shay
3rd August 2011, 03:24 AM
Loving the Matte grill james.

ChrisMaz
3rd August 2011, 04:24 AM
Ticked the double or nothing Box....

Matte looks great james. Hope you can make it to another cruise / photoshoot soon.

(Matte the wheels as well :D )

cunnie10
3rd August 2011, 09:56 AM
how shit chris welcome aboard haha

ClarkMar1
3rd August 2011, 10:45 AM
I debadged the back of my vectra cleaned all the yucky glue off and put my shiny new Opel emblem on there! :D

gmonkey
3rd August 2011, 11:05 AM

dont make me sick

adam_92
3rd August 2011, 11:10 AM

Matte looks great james. Hope you can make it to another cruise / photoshoot soon.

What do you mean ticked the double or nothing box?

gmonkey
3rd August 2011, 11:23 AM
lost all his points, now cant get any fines or 6months/1yr or his suspension will double

Shay
3rd August 2011, 12:06 PM
lost all his points, now cant get any fines or 6months/1yr or his suspension will double

that doesnt make sense/is hard to read...

In WA if you lose all your 12 Demerit points, you have the option of 3 month license suspension, or "double or nothing"
"Double or nothing" means you can continue to drive, but if you accrue a single demerit point within a year of goin on DON then your suspension is doubled.

metry
3rd August 2011, 12:37 PM
far out. knowing my luck if i did double or nothing. id get done in the last week of the year.

jamesfrancis
3rd August 2011, 03:39 PM

dont make me sick

Ha ha thanks guys!!! Wheels that are currently on the car are only on til Saturday, then I get my new matte black 19" bad boys on there :D

jamesfrancis
3rd August 2011, 03:40 PM

dont make me sick

Ha ha thanks guys!!! Wheels that are currently on the car are only on til Saturday, then I get my new matte black 19" bad boys on there :D

ChrisMaz
3rd August 2011, 04:11 PM
Must be about time for the W.A lads to head out one night for a photo shoot.

JohnBu
3rd August 2011, 04:11 PM
look at it on a trailor in disgust

booked in for a new clutch
there goes 1500 bucks i didnt have :(

That seems pricey..

How many KMs?

dutchy
3rd August 2011, 05:10 PM
sourced an arp stud kit and had a good stickybeak at my cams and lifters.

Shay
3rd August 2011, 05:36 PM

agree, start a thread.
btw, you are now the 2nd WA cruise co-ord...

jamesfrancis
3rd August 2011, 05:46 PM

Sounds good :) hopefully have all my bits installed by the end of this week / weekend, will b good to get some proper shots of my ride, only got shady iphone ones atm ha ha!

BradstaMS
3rd August 2011, 05:59 PM
Got my car back last wednesday, $2k later.. with a new head. 4 bent valves.
Today, strapped my little Beaker from the Muppets doll to the rear tow point, and put my final sticker (for now) on the rear window. Wonder if I can get in trouble for having "SOFA KING EURO" in big blue letters on the back :\

metry
3rd August 2011, 08:34 PM
Today, strapped my little Beaker from the Muppets doll to the rear tow point, and put my final sticker (for now) on the rear window. Wonder if I can get in trouble for having "SOFA KING EURO" in big blue letters on the back :\

on my lancer i got the jumbo mushroom from mario kart hanging off the towing point and on my rear window i got "your daughter likes this" and a "fwd sucks" stickers

Feelinlucky75
3rd August 2011, 09:29 PM
I have a little one up mushy from Mario on my dash... Wanna make him a bobble head...

scaifeys2.2mk4
4th August 2011, 10:13 PM
drove 1500kms

Shadow110
5th August 2011, 05:02 PM
Assessed the damage after someone ran into the back of me while I was pulling into my own driveway...
Lucky for me I have a towbar...

Feelinlucky75
5th August 2011, 08:49 PM
Assessed the damage after someone ran into the back of me while I was pulling into my own driveway...
Lucky for me I have a towbar...

Hmmm... Now second guessing removing mine... Will be going when body kit comes but will probably leave it for now...

Dahlia
6th August 2011, 10:06 PM
Changed LEDs in auto shifter. Photos in my car thread.

poita
6th August 2011, 10:07 PM
threw it on the dyno again, 119.4hp

got done in by a couple 2.4l mivec lancers

but meh, im happy with that

gmonkey
6th August 2011, 10:09 PM
threw it on the dyno again, 119.4hp

got done in by a couple 2.4l mivec lancers

but meh, im happy with that

still really good only 6bhp less than my car and 12yrs older :p

Bobarache
6th August 2011, 10:19 PM
agree, start a thread.
btw, you are now the 2nd WA cruise co-ord...

Congrats on the promotion Chris :wink5:

Drache Mithal
7th August 2011, 12:37 PM
Family friend's TS Astra - gave a service, cleaned MAF cleared fault codes.
Step-Grandmother's Hyundai Getz - changed out brake pads
My Vectra - pulled out driver seat, replaced torn covers for better ones..

I really should start charging money/booze for my services.....

UNEEQ
7th August 2011, 06:30 PM
Hid all the loose wiring in the engine bay inside split conduit. All nice and tidy, and all the unusual devices hidden from Mr Po-Po

Greenmeanie
7th August 2011, 07:25 PM
pulled out the windscreen to replace with another and was doing a how to replace a windscreen. That has now been binned and changed with ...........
WARNING get the professionals to do it
The silicon would not let go and would not cut. In the end it was just me being determined to do it. lol next one I will get it done by the professionals. Still alls good that ends well.

JMZ
7th August 2011, 10:29 PM
washed it, took some photos....check it;

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?25510-Jimbo-W-and-his-01-Astra-G/page4

glider
7th August 2011, 10:32 PM
installed reverse camera

UNEEQ
7th August 2011, 11:03 PM
Fixed my Insignia VXR Mist Jets on the Astra. lots of WD-40 and inginuity to get them to flush whatever crap they had in them out backwards! Spray is good now, but it ends up with more over and around the car on the windscreen. Thinking I'll just pony up the green for some new ones since they are cheap.

I now look like an emo.

faneca
9th August 2011, 11:16 AM
Fitted my new plates, pics in my ride thread

Dahlia
9th August 2011, 01:26 PM
Replaced my number plate light cover with a brand spanking new one. Photos in car thread.

adam_92
9th August 2011, 08:12 PM
got my new wheels for the vectra yesterday... they look hugeeeeeee!!!! just bought new tyres aswel. went for bridgestone adrenalin potenzas. should be here in a few days. then fited balanced and an alignment

scaifeys2.2mk4
10th August 2011, 06:51 PM
pushed it 2.2km, how ironic

Daisy
10th August 2011, 06:57 PM

metry
11th August 2011, 03:14 PM
pushed it 2.2km, how ironic

what went wrong?

dutchy
12th August 2011, 02:33 PM
Gave it a haircut, shaved it's head..........................

scaifeys2.2mk4
12th August 2011, 06:34 PM
what went wrong?

something in the head area

UNEEQ
13th August 2011, 10:09 PM
stripped dead tyres off 2 rims to take them in for refurb.
Also had car detailed outside and in with a leather treatment. Got it hope in time to close the garage before a drop of rain touched it :D
Now just gotta keep it clean till Wednesday's photoshoot. Damn it looks amazing!

Dahlia
14th August 2011, 10:05 AM
Opened up my snowflake button again.
Cut weird orange LED off with sidecutters.
Soldered a new Blue SMD LED in replacement.
Was lucky and got the polarity right first go. :)

Now I just have to work out where to get the two replacement bulbs from that are also inside the button... I coloured them in blue but they look pretty shit...

After playing around with it I realized when you press the button in, the blue LED I replaced turns off and the bulbs turn on... So maybe I could change the bulbs to red so blue is off and red is on? ...Not that I use the button at all... but I'm a bit of a perfectionist and would rather know it looks fine when on.

JMZ
14th August 2011, 03:43 PM
cleaned out the air filter box, air flow sensor and throttle body.....but to no avail. Still got issues on cold startup related to throttle position sensor/s and auto-choke. service coming up though so it'll get fixed then.

applied 3D stickers to the side skirts and re-velcro'd the dashboard protector carpet.

Daisy
14th August 2011, 06:07 PM

sooty
14th August 2011, 07:01 PM
Bought it its first set of presents :P cannot wait to let them loose on the car!

hazrd
14th August 2011, 07:05 PM
Bought it its first set of presents :P cannot wait to let them loose on the car!

*likes*

ChrisMaz
14th August 2011, 07:52 PM
Wasted more money on the car.

Bobarache
14th August 2011, 08:43 PM
Wasted more money on the car.

Lol.... that's what cars are for mate !

Dahlia
15th August 2011, 10:56 AM
Bored at work so I replaced the red led in my keyfob to a bright blue one. Pointless but different.

btm
15th August 2011, 12:28 PM
slept in the back seat

sooty
15th August 2011, 05:48 PM

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?29616-Sooty-s-07-Liberty-GT-B-Tuned-by-STi

03srit
15th August 2011, 05:54 PM
Washed it.. first time since the last track day about two months ago.. also took a big chuck of the rubber of the aerial base.. grrrr..

hazrd
15th August 2011, 06:29 PM
slept in the back seat

lolwtf?

hazrd
15th August 2011, 06:30 PM
Oh yeah
Got this today :D

http://tapatalk.com/mu/6e20831f-d914-a298.jpg

boorny88
15th August 2011, 06:40 PM
Were from adz

poita
15th August 2011, 07:26 PM
Looks like an eBay special!

Drove it, needs some attention :(

Paddy
15th August 2011, 08:02 PM
Well nothing too exciting here but I fixed my spare remote. Holden wanted some rediculous price, $275 or something, for a new one so I took it apart and glued it together. Good as new!

Just about to book in for the major 120K service so frantically saving. Holden won't be doing it so it's really quite good for quality I think I'll get.

hazrd
15th August 2011, 08:06 PM
Were from adz

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320698781318&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_2819wt_905

And just enabled the auto lock on it :)

guy 27
15th August 2011, 08:49 PM
drove it.

off a tow truck

poita
15th August 2011, 08:53 PM
drove it.

off a tow truck

When did you buy a calibra?

guy 27
15th August 2011, 08:56 PM

you must of missed the part where i said "drove it"

dutchy
15th August 2011, 08:59 PM

:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

btm
16th August 2011, 10:23 AM
lolwtf?
locked myself out of a mates house when coming home in the early hours of the morning... still had my car keys, was way too drunk to drive so jumped in the back seat to kill a few hours :)

gman
16th August 2011, 01:18 PM

You don't "buy" a Calibra, you surrender to it and it "Owns" you and your immortal soul...

poita
17th August 2011, 07:24 PM
You don't "buy" a Calibra, you surrender to it and it "Owns" you and your immortal soul...

Hahaha too true.

Today done oil, oil filter, fuel filter and plugs. Wasn't too bad only got splashed in the eye a little bit by fuel hahahaah

Took it for a quick flog around the block, felt like an NA fwd calibra :lol:

sooty
18th August 2011, 08:07 AM
Scraped it on nuggz's driveway and pissed gearbox fluid everywhere, not in that order.

Looks great though!!!

hazrd
18th August 2011, 08:46 AM
Scraped it on nuggz's driveway and pissed gearbox fluid everywhere, not in that order.

Looks great though!!!

How does it feel?

sooty
18th August 2011, 09:24 AM
How does it feel?

Haven't pushed it yet til I get the alignment, plus that front sway I loosened ever so slightly knocks a bit so will get that fixed with the alignment this arvo, but it feels good, not nearly as stiff as it looked like it would be

Shay
18th August 2011, 10:52 AM
*eagerly awaits pics*

i ripped my car apart.

hazrd
18th August 2011, 10:55 AM
Haven't pushed it yet til I get the alignment, plus that front sway I loosened ever so slightly knocks a bit so will get that fixed with the alignment this arvo, but it feels good, not nearly as stiff as it looked like it would be

Awesome as.
Any pics of your face when the lip kissed Nuggz driveway :p

I heard that from the road!!

sooty
18th August 2011, 11:15 AM
Awesome as.
Any pics of your face when the lip kissed Nuggz driveway :p

I heard that from the road!!

Lol nah, knew it was coming, no way I was going to get out! Nuggz's face was pretty funny though!

nuggz
18th August 2011, 11:31 AM
Lol nah, knew it was coming, no way I was going to get out! Nuggz's face was pretty funny though!

:lol:

lonewolf1983
18th August 2011, 06:41 PM
ordered a scanguage II, really for its boost monitoring, but will also use it for various other meters (water temp, ign timing etc) as well as clearing fault codes

guy 27
18th August 2011, 07:00 PM
used some super glue, zip ties and rubbing compound with a bit of elbow grease and i'm quite impressed with my results.

Shay
19th August 2011, 03:01 AM
replaced the most spastically designed bottom hose ever....

hose, one peice, gm only, 330 bucks:
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/IMG_4174.jpg

the hole you have to make to get it out:
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/IMG_4171.jpg

the mess:
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/IMG_4168.jpg

and for those that requested pics of my race seats ages ago, i got around to taking some:
http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/IMG_4176.jpg

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/IMG_4177.jpg

http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo255/shayward06/IMG_4180.jpg

Shadow110
19th August 2011, 08:18 AM
Shay that's just messed up...
God live ze German design!!! Lol

gmonkey
19th August 2011, 08:19 AM
Comfy? U get gearknob yet?

Installed a full leather 5speed gearshifter(like the srit/vxr one) couple of days ago beats shit outta the plastic cd one...

Also let it sit in carport for last 2 weeks only driven it twice, maybe I should just sell it :S

Shay
19th August 2011, 03:03 PM
Comfy? U get gearknob yet?

i think they're comfy, but only if you have them really straight, cos they have 0 lumbar support....

yeah recieved and fitted it, PM your bank details.

jamesfrancis
22nd August 2011, 03:50 PM
Gave her a proper good clean yesterday! And then today it rains :( meh!

adam_92
22nd August 2011, 06:00 PM
Doing more carbon fibreing!!!!