PDA

View Full Version : What have you done to your car lately?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55

lonewolf1983
22nd April 2012, 07:59 PM
cdti conversion and vxr turbo on today...
gone from 10-12psi overboost holding 8-9psi to 16psi overboost holding 14psi = wooooow

also now back to factory boost control, appears to spike a little in 3rd gear but much smoother everywhere else

Shay
22nd April 2012, 09:57 PM
Resprayed the hideous green stripe back to factory glacier white, colour coded the bump strips and bought a white line rear swaybar... wooo

Awesome, would love to see pics...

xplosv57
22nd April 2012, 10:10 PM
2.2 - Fitted standard suspension =( Going from 70mm drop to stock is hard to deal with. Also chucked in new sway bar links and removed the Whiteline front strut brace and rear sway bar.

Turbo - Fitted rear brakes from 2.2 and Eibach Sportlines in the rear.

Got a whole heap of VXR bits and intercooler to fit hopefully next weekend, if anyone's available to help let me know!!

Also broke my brake fluid cap and rear number plate light, so need to get those as well.

hazrd
22nd April 2012, 10:15 PM
how the hell did you break the cap?! lol
im in Sydney again next weekend but if theres anything you dont get finished next weekend im sure i dont have anything on the weekend after!

Me, checked out the tyres on the AH... hmmm... inner fronts are worn a bit. and the inner rears are completely ****ed... like... bubbling ****ed :facepalm:
So have started shopping for some more rubber... thats 6 tyres we need now (rears on the GTi are nearing the indicators)

xplosv57
22nd April 2012, 10:23 PM
how the hell did you break the cap?! lol
im in Sydney again next weekend but if theres anything you dont get finished next weekend im sure i dont have anything on the weekend after!

Me, checked out the tyres on the AH... hmmm... inner fronts are worn a bit. and the inner rears are completely ****ed... like... bubbling ****ed :facepalm:
So have started shopping for some more rubber... thats 6 tyres we need now (rears on the GTi are nearing the indicators)

LOL was rushing trying to finish the car before it rained today, use a little too much force to tighten the cap and it split open.

tirerack.com has some good deals and peopel seem to use them heaps.

PaulyJ
23rd April 2012, 11:37 AM
Got a wheel alignment done today with -1.5deg camber.
Drives straight and feels suburb!

mickos
23rd April 2012, 02:27 PM
Put fuel in the car:)

gman
23rd April 2012, 02:44 PM
Got a wheel alignment done today with -1.5deg camber.
Drives straight and feels suburb!

Taking advantage of those Bilsteins I see.. :)

PaulyJ
23rd April 2012, 02:49 PM
I'd be stupid not too...

mickos
23rd April 2012, 03:04 PM
Whats a decent shock to replace the VXR ones, koni, bilsteins?
With out sacrificing the ride quality like coil overs can do

Nurb608
23rd April 2012, 04:18 PM
Whats a decent shock to replace the VXR ones, koni, bilsteins?
With out sacrificing the ride quality like coil overs can do

B8's

gman
23rd April 2012, 07:56 PM
+1 for Bilstein B8's.

If not them then H&R.

Not a fan of Koni's since they changed ownership.

guy 27
23rd April 2012, 08:41 PM
topped up fuel tank, reset tyre pressure. car is all ready for hardtuned.net track day on wednesday. :)

UnKnOwN
24th April 2012, 07:56 AM
sold it... T__T

PaulyJ
24th April 2012, 08:17 AM
Swapped rims temporarily with Rory...

mickos
24th April 2012, 03:07 PM
B8s hey the vxr have a good ride firm but not to harsh.

Never want to spoil that

Nurb608
24th April 2012, 03:11 PM
B8s hey the vxr have a good ride firm but not to harsh.

Never want to spoil that

I found the B8's to be similar in ride comfort but alot better in the corners

imemi
24th April 2012, 03:55 PM
Radiator Back in! Thermoswitch to fix. Then Andy is back on the road!!!!

Corsa SRI Guy
24th April 2012, 05:38 PM
Just finished replacing the gear linkages on the Corsa. Easier than I thought but I had to destroy the pivot cap to get it off. Omg it feels so much better!!

Also replaced the key buttons and they now work every time 😁

Shay
24th April 2012, 07:48 PM
had a front left tyre blow out... not fun.
will just have to put the track wheels on a bit prematurely...

gman
24th April 2012, 07:51 PM
had a front left tyre blow out... not fun.
will just have to put the track wheels on a bit prematurely...

I know where some well priced tyres are :lol:

Shay
24th April 2012, 08:02 PM
I know where some well priced tyres are :lol:

the r888's? they wont fit my 18's ;)

Looking at getting KU36's from tirerack.com
Should be able to get them here for 990 or so...

daves_cally
25th April 2012, 12:06 AM
replaced heater panel bulb and cleaned out some dead bugs from the dash cluster.. nfi how they got in there!

DWS 92
25th April 2012, 05:15 PM
Sprayed 2 of my 16 inch wheels charcoal metallic and purchased a high flow catalytic converter.

lonewolf1983
25th April 2012, 05:46 PM
flashed the car with the VXR IPF tune and its dropped boost from where it was, odd!
Maybe the ECU is still learning boost settings or such and it'll sort itself out, or i wound the actuator too far back when installing, hmmm.

Anyone tell me how many theads they have showing on their VXR turbo on sri-t?

hazrd
25th April 2012, 05:52 PM
Tested alternator because the stereo kept cutting out and was getting the battery light

14.08v normal and 13.6ish when everything is on (hibeam hazards rear fogs etc)

seems alright. I think i need to give the throttle body a good clean because ive now noticed it happens when the car is cold and the throttle drops to almost a stall but recovers itself... this is when the radio has been cutting out now ive noticed (but only got the battery light once, weird)

boorny88
25th April 2012, 06:04 PM
What phase mate is it the 3 or 3.5?

Sent from the middle of butt f**k nowhere

lonewolf1983
25th April 2012, 07:30 PM
What phase mate is it the 3 or 3.5?

Phase 2 (the 400nm LEH turbo one)

guy 27
25th April 2012, 07:48 PM
took it out to the holden driving centre for some fun. :)
found that putting cold pressure up 1.5psi does not equal ~2psi hot. not much grip with the fronts at 43.5 and rears at 40ish :lol:

Nurb608
25th April 2012, 08:58 PM
flashed the car with the VXR IPF tune and its dropped boost from where it was, odd!
Maybe the ECU is still learning boost settings or such and it'll sort itself out, or i wound the actuator too far back when installing, hmmm.

Thread count is always different. Wind the top but out of the way, bottom but up to the wastegate arm holing it closed, then 2 full turns up. Wind top but down to lock. Best way is to find what it should be running and adjust to that

chrissn89
25th April 2012, 09:03 PM

You may have the rear vac box problem as per the thread recently started. Have you tired bypassing the Rear vac box ?

lonewolf1983
25th April 2012, 09:11 PM
interesting thing is that the map that was on there before (I think it was just the normal phase 2, I cant remember) was boosting a fair bit higher - albeit a bit more all over the place.
Hard to get a definitive test given it needs 3rd/4th gear which is rather illegal!

will keep the vaccum box in mind when we start troubleshooting properly

J
26th April 2012, 10:54 AM
Tested alternator because the stereo kept cutting out and was getting the battery light...

hazrd: Not sure if this is the same issue as with my G. The car would start cold and then die unless I blip the throttle at that same point, or it would start cold with either an idle that drops to 510rpm before revving up again automatically every 2 seconds or so until the engine gets warm, or it would just stay idling at 1,000rpm if not 1,200rpm even when warm...

Before replacing the entire alternator (which costs more $$$$ but may not be the actual cause of the issue...I have learnt this the hard way!), I would look at:
* the voltage regulator part of the alternator;
* the drive/aux (which I understand is different to the timing) belt tensioner;
* the drive/aux (which I understand is different to the timing) belt.
The above are all wear-and-tear items, but are (from memory) not listed in the handbook as things that need replacing...

dutchy
26th April 2012, 12:22 PM
interesting thing is that the map that was on there before (I think it was just the normal phase 2, I cant remember) was boosting a fair bit higher - albeit a bit more all over the place.
Hard to get a definitive test given it needs 3rd/4th gear which is rather illegal!

will keep the vaccum box in mind when we start troubleshooting properly

When my original turbo charger was swapped for a vxr unit, the tuner said I had the same power as before but on lower boost.

gman
26th April 2012, 01:36 PM
This is because the turbo is not working as hard (more efficient) to compress the air so it does not heat up the intake charge as much.

Cooler air is more dense and as such you can get same power from lower pressure as the air is denser and contains the same amount of O2 as the hotter air at a higher pressure. :thumbs:

hazrd
26th April 2012, 02:12 PM
hazrd: Not sure if this is the same issue as with my G. The car would start cold and then die unless I blip the throttle at that same point, or it would start cold with either an idle that drops to 510rpm before revving up again automatically every 2 seconds or so until the engine gets warm, or it would just stay idling at 1,000rpm if not 1,200rpm even when warm...

Before replacing the entire alternator (which costs more $$$$ but may not be the actual cause of the issue...I have learnt this the hard way!), I would look at:
* the voltage regulator part of the alternator;
* the drive/aux (which I understand is different to the timing) belt tensioner;
* the drive/aux (which I understand is different to the timing) belt.
The above are all wear-and-tear items, but are (from memory) not listed in the handbook as things that need replacing...

Thats awesome J thanks for that :D the drive belt was changed at the 60k service back in September so i guess that leaves the tensioner and the regulator. Will get them tested!

xplosv57
26th April 2012, 05:52 PM
The last piece of the VXR puzzle arrived today, now to hopefully fit it all up this weekend!! Still recruiting for helpers too =)

PaulyJ
26th April 2012, 06:04 PM
Well the G failed RWC again... this time for the absolute most bullshit things.
Mechanic will be disputing it tomorrow as will I because 2 of the items are factory and obviously these guys have no clue.

sooty
26th April 2012, 06:11 PM
The last piece of the VXR puzzle arrived today, now to hopefully fit it all up this weekend!! Still recruiting for helpers too =)

I'm up for helping tomorrow night if you're interested in getting any work done then and aren't going out or anything

Nurb608
26th April 2012, 06:12 PM
Mechanic will be disputing it tomorrow as will I because 2 of the items are factory and obviously these guys have no clue.

What were they?

sooty
26th April 2012, 06:13 PM

What'd it fail for?
I'd check the rwc document, it's only 8 pages long, most of the time the guys who do them have no idea what they're talking about.

PaulyJ
26th April 2012, 06:16 PM
What were they?

I'll show you tonight

What'd it fail for?
I'd check the rwc document, it's only 8 pages long, most of the time the guys who do them have no idea what they're talking about.

I got the document in front of me and it passes everything
Going to dispute it tomorrow as I picked up the car late.

Beyond ropeable at the moment
So fkn pissed off its not funny!

xplosv57
26th April 2012, 06:17 PM
I'm up for helping tomorrow night if you're interested in getting any work done then and aren't going out or anything

That would be fantastic!! I'll send you a text tomorrow!!

What were they?

What he said.

If you fixed everything from the previous time, they can't pick new things to do you for.

PaulyJ
26th April 2012, 06:23 PM
Well they did... but as I said all will be disputed tomorrow

gman
26th April 2012, 06:50 PM
That is absolute HORSESH*T mate...

Daisy
26th April 2012, 08:31 PM

sooty
26th April 2012, 09:23 PM
8 pages!? I had one done today and it was just one page - with not very much on it anyway. And it passed. :swg:
The document about was is required to pass roadworthy is 8 pages, not document you get when you pass :lol:

Daisy
26th April 2012, 10:32 PM

PaulyJ
27th April 2012, 10:18 AM
Well some good freakin news for once...
Mechanic called, said all I need to get the RWC is change the rear braided lines back to standard and lift the car up a bit.
That is all
Thank fk...
Now to get some standard rear brake lines...

gman
27th April 2012, 11:21 AM
If the rear lines are ADR compliant, why do you have to change them?? That is retarded!! And why lift the car also? It should be above the minimum height.

PaulyJ
27th April 2012, 11:24 AM
$40 for rear lines and nothing to jack it up.
Dude I don't want to argue any more. I just want the thing in my name and that's it.

gman
27th April 2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah I hear that!! I just hate the bureaucracy that now comes standard with any interaction that involves government departments which typically stems from some person or other taking advantage of average Joe to rip a few extra dollars out of them!!

But thats me :)

PaulyJ
27th April 2012, 11:49 AM
Seriously its bullshit
There are cars on the road which are death traps whereas I've gone through and fixed/replaced everything on mine which they originally said needed to be done.
Then they pick on more!
Get fkd!
I don't give a fk if these guys are having a bad day, don't take it out on someone trying to do the right thing and pick on shit they actually have no clue about.
Aparently my car come standard with 15" rims... really dickhead... what soes the tyre placard say? 7.5x17... did you even look at that?
fkr...
We wrecked him for falsely defecting the car so they said don't worry about all the other stuff, just worry about the brake lines and jacking the car.

dutchy
27th April 2012, 01:05 PM
They got you by your balls !!!!!!! :swg:

gman
27th April 2012, 01:09 PM
Soooo, the parts buying never ends..

cam gears - bought and paid
cams - ordered
solid lifters & shims - ordered

lonewolf1983
27th April 2012, 04:15 PM
Hit the dyno today, safe 238hp at the hubs on 14-16psi.

PaulyJ
27th April 2012, 04:37 PM
Very nice! well done!

BradstaMS
27th April 2012, 09:08 PM
Jack Daniels can helped me blank my EGR. What a difference. Car feels awesome.

chris_r
27th April 2012, 10:21 PM
Got some more bits. New keys (with immo chips) and the ring for the immobiliser. Only just waiting on my wiring harness now.

Also, now that I've finished working on the brother's Combo, I can finally get back to doing some work on the GSi. Meanwhile, I get to use the Combo as a parts chaser, lol. Not that I need another van, I already have two.

wullieb1
29th April 2012, 07:19 PM
Removed the centre console as the MFD is knacked and there are a few broken clips on the console.

PaulyJ
30th April 2012, 08:55 AM
Changed the rear braided lines to stock (for rwc)

CNBLU
30th April 2012, 11:44 AM
Changed the rear braided lines to stock (for rwc)

Source?

On a side note, took the Audi up Dandy mountain on Saturday, damm the paddles are so much fun. Roads were pretty clear and she handled ok for stock suspension

PaulyJ
30th April 2012, 11:50 AM
Got them from wreckers, $40 for the pair

poita
30th April 2012, 11:52 AM
Drove it home finally, now to run the engine in

guy 27
30th April 2012, 12:00 PM
ordered some pictures of it.

CNBLU
30th April 2012, 12:25 PM
Got them from wreckers, $40 for the pair

2002_XC
30th April 2012, 12:28 PM

:woohoo1:

faneca
30th April 2012, 12:45 PM

Cali? Don't brake it
Dropped it off for a good clean, seeing as we have week of decent weather

poita
30th April 2012, 12:45 PM
Cali? Don't brake it

Nope my new addition

adam_92
30th April 2012, 12:49 PM
Cali? Don't brake it

Nope... The golden nugget!!

Paulys old corsa

morris0893
30th April 2012, 08:29 PM
washed, rainx, 'clay barred', scratch-X, polished, wheels rotated, tyre pressures checked, oil/filter changed (castrol edge 'titanium'), air-filter cleaned and vacuumed throughout... looks like a new car, drives like one too and feels silky smooth, even the doors still have that nice clunk :D

wullieb1
30th April 2012, 09:11 PM
Removed the dash trims from the Astra and cleaned it. Found some broken tabs on the main console part and the MFD is fubar.

New parts needed :)

PaulyJ
1st May 2012, 08:17 AM
Put another 200km onto it

hazrd
1st May 2012, 11:07 AM
Put another 200km onto it

pfft.... i do that every day

PaulyJ
1st May 2012, 11:19 AM
you went to work, i went to light some candles for kylie and rory...

guy 27
1st May 2012, 11:49 AM
put race harness back in for tomorrow :)

PaulyJ
1st May 2012, 11:50 AM
thinking of getting a race harness
4 point only tho

xplosv57
1st May 2012, 08:23 PM
Finally got car running!!

Fitted VXR turbo and injectors, and Eibach Sportlines. Rest of the parts will be fitted at a later stage, just need car running for the moment!

sooty
1st May 2012, 08:42 PM
Finally got car running!!

Fitted VXR turbo and injectors, and Eibach Sportlines. Rest of the parts will be fitted at a later stage, just need car running for the moment!

Awesome news mate. Glad you got it all sorted. Feel any different?

chris_r
1st May 2012, 09:03 PM
Once again, I've changed my mind with where the GSi's heading. Was originally going to go down the factory Z18XE ECU path, but have thrown that idea out the window now. Just scored a VEMS ECU setup off fleabay. Already got a X18XE1 throttle body, so that part's sorted.

xplosv57
1st May 2012, 10:44 PM
Awesome news mate. Glad you got it all sorted. Feel any different?

Haven't driven it yet, still have to put the front bumper etc back on, and get a brake fluid cap from somewhere lol!!

Shouldn't be too much different, maybe might sip a bit more fuel cause of the injectors, but the ecu should take care of that, might try the basic stage 2 map and see how it goes!!

Ice
1st May 2012, 10:49 PM
Finally sold....will miss her :(

Purplehaze
2nd May 2012, 10:45 AM
Started to pull more hair out.

poita
2nd May 2012, 12:32 PM
oil and filter, tidied up cai, 120k km

baby seat

mickos
2nd May 2012, 12:49 PM
I cleaned and oiled my K&N geez it was dirty. Put a stubby aerial on.
Picked up a T45 torx to drain the oil soon

PaulyJ
2nd May 2012, 01:16 PM
Changed rear braided lines to stock, jacked the coilovers up so the car finally passes rwc...

poita
2nd May 2012, 01:21 PM
Changed rear braided lines to stock, jacked the coilovers up so the car finally passes rwc...

:woohoo: finally!!

Nurb608
2nd May 2012, 01:22 PM

Good news!

PaulyJ
2nd May 2012, 01:34 PM
Well I havent heard from them officially, but its taken over a month now fixing/changing gonig back and forth, them finding more shit...
This better be it...!

UnKnOwN
2nd May 2012, 06:40 PM
swap out the seats out of my sxi with ones from sri
wtf is with the thread lock on the front seats.. took like 1 hour to finally get out the last screw sigh

PaulyJ
3rd May 2012, 09:26 AM
Finally got the RWC for the car...

CNBLU
3rd May 2012, 09:38 AM
Woohoooo

poita
3rd May 2012, 10:02 AM
:)

PaulyJ
3rd May 2012, 10:05 AM
i wish we had some sunshine in our state...

poita
3rd May 2012, 10:14 AM
The other option was the stupid "Smart State" ones. And fark that!!

Will be retiring the SPW13 plates

dutchy
4th May 2012, 12:25 AM
Always wanted a strut brace, for looks, so just ordered a Whiteline one at GSL RallySport. Thx Matt :thumbs: Nearly got the Whiteline family complete with front droplinks already installed and a rear sway bar on the way soon.

CNBLU
4th May 2012, 09:08 AM
Bought another intake. Went with the APR Carbonio this time. Fingers crossed there will be no issues

JohnBu
4th May 2012, 09:39 AM
Bought another intake. Went with the APR Carbonio this time. Fingers crossed there will be no issues

What did you have previously and what issues you have with it?

Got the APR Carbonio from the USA or mates rates? very pricey.

CNBLU
4th May 2012, 11:35 AM
Got a full refund on the twintake. It caused an engine light to come on. Got the APR Stage 2 intake from a guy in Sydney at a reasonable price :)

glider
4th May 2012, 03:03 PM
washed it properly for first time in 8 months

gman
4th May 2012, 03:50 PM
Got a full refund on the twintake. It caused an engine light to come on. Got the APR Stage 2 intake from a guy in Sydney at a reasonable price :)

I have one of these for my Tiguan and an APR tune as well. Highly rate both.. :)

xplosv57
4th May 2012, 04:04 PM
Failed EPA test without test being carried out. Too loud on decel. Have to find a way to get the car there next wednesday so he can fit the standard exhaust.

CNBLU
4th May 2012, 04:18 PM
I have one of these for my Tiguan and an APR tune as well. Highly rate both.. :)

Yeah ive read heaps of reviews where the tune coupled with the intake has great gains. Next is APR HPFP and then update tune :)

dutchy
5th May 2012, 10:54 AM
Car booked in for the 16th. for a new clutch, flywheel, front strut brace, rear sway bar to be installed. Also gonna have the earth properly re-done and hopefully they'll find that nearly cracked wire in the loom somewhere underneath the battery tray that's causing the engine to nearly stall at times. Then it's off for a wheel alignment and a service / re-tune. :smile5: hmmmm, what's next......

forgot, been in touch with Forge Motorsport to get a recirc valve.

guy 27
5th May 2012, 02:36 PM
oil change, reset tyre pressures for road use, dropped rear sway bar setting to 2nd softest. holy crap it turns in so much better now, need to test it on this setting on the track. if its as good there as it is on the road i'm sure i can shave some more time of my pb.

poita
5th May 2012, 02:51 PM
Put it up for sale

http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showthread.php?32896-1995-Calibra-One-of-a-kind!&p=763785#post763785

adam_92
5th May 2012, 03:13 PM
oil change, reset tyre pressures for road use, dropped rear sway bar setting to 2nd softest. holy crap it turns in so much better now, need to test it on this setting on the track. if its as good there as it is on the road i'm sure i can shave some more time of my pb.

i put mine straight in on the hardest setting. coming home from work last night, damp/greasy roads, shitty tyres and sharp corners i lost the rear end twice and fishtailed in the van. pretty scary when your not expecting it. i know a softer setting will reduce oversteer but does it help handling that much??

guy 27
5th May 2012, 03:16 PM
i put mine straight in on the hardest setting. coming home from work last night, damp/greasy roads, shitty tyres and sharp corners i lost the rear end twice and fishtailed in the van. pretty scary when your not expecting it. i know a softer setting will reduce oversteer but does it help handling that much??

i'm still not sold on the rsb. when i first put it on i got massive increase in understeer. had to learn to use the brakes to force oversteer in the car.

adam_92
5th May 2012, 03:25 PM
my understeer has pretty much been wiped out, i dont have any other suspension mods either so the rsb is the only thing i can put it down to.

poita
5th May 2012, 05:36 PM
Astra J oil cap, fits the calibra no probs :)

Thanks guy 27

adam_92
5th May 2012, 07:14 PM
wouldnt it be better to part the car out pete? or do you not have the time?

poita
5th May 2012, 07:18 PM
wouldnt it be better to part the car out pete? or do you not have the time?

not really, just want it gone.

and dont want to be left with random bits and pieces that no-one wants.

adam_92
5th May 2012, 07:28 PM
yeah true. much easier to get rid as a whole unit rarther than have so break it down and be left with the useless stuff no one wants. makes sence mate

Shay
6th May 2012, 05:07 PM
Failed EPA test without test being carried out. Too loud on decel. Have to find a way to get the car there next wednesday so he can fit the standard exhaust.

if your bringing it over to WA soon, why bother?

DWS 92
6th May 2012, 05:44 PM
Cleaned the engine bay today, definately looks a lot better without the grime everywhere.

hazrd
6th May 2012, 10:28 PM

The 2.2 failed, not the turbo ;)

glider
6th May 2012, 10:36 PM
correct me if I'm wrong but the issue needs to be fixed or the car would be de-registered by EPA, which leaves the issue of getting it to WA ;) (if it was going)

xplosv57
6th May 2012, 11:08 PM

correct me if I'm wrong but the issue needs to be fixed or the car would be de-registered by EPA, which leaves the issue of getting it to WA ;) (if it was going)

Correct.

Shay
7th May 2012, 09:47 AM
Because im sure they give you a couple of weeks to work on it, and hell be on his way over here before then, and then itll need to go over out pits anyway...

But if its the 2.2, then its irrelevant isnt it...

xplosv57
7th May 2012, 10:22 AM
Regardless, the car registration wouldnt be transferable because it will be 'black listed' if the car is not repaired in time, so even if i was to bring it across, the vin would have the existing infringement on it.

sooty
7th May 2012, 12:02 PM
Saw a couple of pictures in it in June's fast fours

dsuhiti91
7th May 2012, 07:14 PM
Yesterday, gave the wheels a weekly scrub up from all the brake dust.

Today, scrubbed a gutter with front right tire at the tight Gold Coast parking...2cm scrub - heart breaker :sad:

poita
7th May 2012, 07:19 PM
Moved baby seat to the middle so he stopped kicking the seat.

Got around to taking the parts out of the boot. Have to create a section for the corsa parts in the shed first

chris_r
7th May 2012, 07:50 PM
More bits rocked up today. Got the VEMS ECU and the extractors (Hurricane HU445STM). The matching ECU loom is still a day or two away, but will be here before the weekend. Hoping to get some work done on the GSi this weekend, that's for sure.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/chris_110980/IMG_20120507_183820.jpg

wullieb1
9th May 2012, 09:14 AM
Left it parked in the drive while i rode the CBR to work :) :) :)

Shadow110
9th May 2012, 12:09 PM
Replaced the brake fluid tank

xplosv57
9th May 2012, 08:30 PM
Cleared EPA on 2.2, but meant Remus had to go. Its lost its soul now =(

sooty
9th May 2012, 08:48 PM
Cleared EPA on 2.2, but meant Remus had to go. Its lost its soul now =(

Sell it to the new owner so they can put it on at their discretion?

xplosv57
9th May 2012, 09:54 PM
Ill ask him, otherwise ill sell it on here, has all the hangers for an Astra G, just needs a flange welded on.

Can't believe how quiet it is though, still has the cams, extractors, hi flow cat and bigger centre pipe in there!

Corsa SRI Guy
11th May 2012, 11:14 PM
Bought a kiwi wifi OBD2 reader and am running Rev2 on the iPhone as software. Pretty cool little gadget - well with the exception of draining my phone at a disgusting rate!!

lonewolf1983
12th May 2012, 02:26 PM
These arrived
http://members.iinet.net.au/~lonewolf3/astra/coilovers.jpg

guy 27
12th May 2012, 07:35 PM
spilled a bottle of super glue in it. :lol: oops.

03srit
12th May 2012, 08:03 PM
Picked it up :P thanks Guy and Benny

adam_92
12th May 2012, 08:06 PM
These arrived
http://members.iinet.net.au/~lonewolf3/astra/coilovers.jpg

Yummmmm. How much they coat you??

rwy16r
12th May 2012, 10:29 PM
they look good :)

lonewolf1983
13th May 2012, 01:42 AM
Yummmmm. How much they coat you??

sub 1k from memory, they're the cheapest KW's you can get
I also ordered alloy front swaybar droplinks

Numbnut
13th May 2012, 09:07 AM
That's cheap, less than my my B8's + sportlines.

Opelised mine :smile5:

metry
13th May 2012, 09:39 AM
picked it up from the pannel beater yesterday. the car looks imac. pics to come

sooty
13th May 2012, 10:20 AM
Organised a tune for it

Ice
13th May 2012, 10:40 AM
That'll be exciting Ain.....you'll come back a new man :)

nigelh
13th May 2012, 05:12 PM
Fitted a new water pump after it died up at the race track Thursday night. Lucky no engine damage.

Corsa SRI Guy
14th May 2012, 03:37 PM
Applied my opelaus.com sticker. Thanks once again Hazrd 😄 not sure if it's the place I want to put it, but have a backup one in case someone has a better place to put it on my Corsa....http://img.tapatalk.com/65771213-9a4f-692f.jpg

DJM83
14th May 2012, 03:44 PM
Dreamscience intake, well its coming hopefully next week and RS ECU cover.

mickos
14th May 2012, 03:45 PM
:cornut: Uploaded IPF maps on weekend, things peels 2nds now :cornut:

hazrd
14th May 2012, 08:23 PM
Applied my opelaus.com sticker. Thanks once again Hazrd 😄 not sure if it's the place I want to put it, but have a backup one in case someone has a better place to put it on my Corsa....http://img.tapatalk.com/65771213-9a4f-692f.jpg

holy crap that got there fast!!

sooty
14th May 2012, 09:19 PM
Loaded up ver 1 of the tune.
Some good point, some that annoy me a little.
Will get them sorted for ver 2, and then continue to improve from there

hazrd
14th May 2012, 09:23 PM
what are the points?

sooty
14th May 2012, 09:26 PM
what are the points?
Good:
Smooth as
Great AFR's
Definitely more response
Bum dyno tells me it's quicker
No error codes

Not so good:
A bit of dead pedal movement on the throttle which shits me, easy enough to adjust with dbw.
That's actually the only major one at the moment.

hazrd
14th May 2012, 09:28 PM
thats not so bad. I take it the pinging has stopped?

Corsa SRI Guy
14th May 2012, 09:29 PM

I know right!! I think I asked u for them on thursday, and presto - in the mail this arvo! Thanks once again mate 😊

sooty
14th May 2012, 09:36 PM
thats not so bad. I take it the pinging has stopped?

Yeah, a tiny bit of knock is detected but it's at low rpm and most likely a function of the 'noise' in the engine bay and signal.
We've taken learning view shots of the 'pulls' and the tuner will now use that info to push the timing advance a little more to keep getting more power and adjust any other features as required

poita
14th May 2012, 10:39 PM

derrrr its red........ *shakes head*

hazrd
14th May 2012, 10:46 PM
So the white stickers I posted from vic to qld got there fast because the car at the destination was red? :p

poita
14th May 2012, 10:49 PM
So the white stickers I posted from vic to qld got there fast because the car at the destination was red? :p

makes perfect sense.

fueled up the corsa
battery flat in wrx
opened door of calibra, looked at it, shut it again.

hazrd
14th May 2012, 10:56 PM
makes perfect sense.

:facepalm:

VW - locked away for a month
Astra G - locked in airport parking
Astra H - thought about fitting replacement tyres

DJM83
15th May 2012, 09:19 AM
:facepalm:

VW - locked away for a month
Astra G - locked in airport parking
Astra H - thought about fitting replacement tyres
Rental SV6 - Doing skids and hektik drifts

Fixed that for ya hazrd

hazrd
15th May 2012, 11:42 AM
Nah cant do that, the IQ system might break under stress and then it wont start

gman
15th May 2012, 02:00 PM
So I've ordered more changes and sent the new parts to Oz. bring on July!!! :)

lonewolf1983
15th May 2012, 10:24 PM
So I've ordered more changes and sent the new parts to Oz. bring on July!!! :)

you're a sick sick man!

i ordered a dump pipe vband
Holden aus: $168 + delivery
autovaux: $85 delivered

chris_r
15th May 2012, 10:44 PM
Fitted the extractors to the GSi. Just need to put the radiator back in, fit up the FPR, sort the wiring out and match the exhaust up and it should be ready to go, hopefully.

delemonte
15th May 2012, 10:51 PM
Wow.. Been a while but I'm back! :D

I fitted the new alloy radiator a few weeks ago...
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/t/whs3z.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/whs3z)
No leaks yet and I'm very happy with it so far. We'll see how it goes :)

Oh, and I just did the 135k service too ;)

xplosv57
15th May 2012, 11:16 PM
Said goodbye to the 2.2

Packed the Turbo full of my junk for it's 3400km journey!!

Shadow110
16th May 2012, 07:32 AM
Opened the bonnet, checked the brake fluid, closed bonnet...
Realized I need a new radiator overflow tank... :-S

guy 27
16th May 2012, 09:47 AM
ordered paint for my other 17's
ordered some things for my road astra to finish it off
ordered some goodies for track astra

also a couple of days ago. put in handbrake handle with chrome knob, removed richbrook handbrake from old astra and installed standard one back in.

MAD-16V
16th May 2012, 12:43 PM
Replaced blower fan behind the glovebox - Painful job - If anyone ever needs to do it PM me and I will tell you what parts to swear at the loudest.

The 2nd Womble
16th May 2012, 02:29 PM
VX Berlina sunglasses holder :)http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z312/aussiewomble/f45ab0e3.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z312/aussiewomble/b5a625dd.jpg

The 2nd Womble
16th May 2012, 02:41 PM
Lmao!
replaced blower fan behind the glovebox - painful job - if anyone ever needs to do it pm me and i will tell you what parts to swear at the loudest.

chris_r
16th May 2012, 07:54 PM
VX Berlina sunglasses holder :)

Nice job. Looks almost factory there too.

adam_92
16th May 2012, 07:55 PM
Very similar design to the vectra c sunglasses holder.

guy 27
16th May 2012, 08:15 PM
just wired up headunit in the old astra. just waiting on material to come for centre console retrim before the interior gets finished then it will be time to work on the damage.

mickos
17th May 2012, 10:25 AM
Picked up oil filter, castrol edge 0w-40. T-45 1/2 drive impact socket for sump bolt, gonna change the oil on weekend.

chrissn89
17th May 2012, 03:14 PM
Picked up oil filter, castrol edge 0w-40. T-45 1/2 drive impact socket for sump bolt, gonna change the oil on weekend.

You might find the 0w-40 to light in the z20let. I always stuck with 10w-40 or 5w-... See how it goes tho.

Nurb608
17th May 2012, 03:33 PM
You might find the 0w-40 to light in the z20let. I always stuck with 10w-40 or 5w-... See how it goes tho.

It's the oil spec'd for the vxr

chrissn89
17th May 2012, 06:37 PM
It's the oil spec'd for the vxr

Fair enough i just knew of a few members that had issues with leaks when using lower than 5w thats on the old G turbos tho. OT the new Subaru FB engine uses 0w-20, basically looks like apple juice.

Nurb608
17th May 2012, 06:39 PM
Fair enough i just knew of a few members that had issues with leaks when using lower than 5w thats on the old G turbos tho. OT the new Subaru FB engine uses 0w-20, basically looks like apple juice.

Yep, heard the same thing for the G's. I believe they re-spec'd the oil after that.

chrissn89
17th May 2012, 06:45 PM
Just realised Mickos has a VXR my bad ignore me. On my phone his display pic looked like a G SRi-T also not wearing my glasses lol :facepalm:

Nurb608
17th May 2012, 06:48 PM
Just realised Mickos has a VXR my bad ignore me. On my phone his display pic looked like a G SRi-T also not wearing my glasses lol :facepalm:

lol. It will only be a matter of time before they tell us vxr owners to change to a 10w40 for the same resons as the LET

balker
17th May 2012, 08:02 PM
Pressure flushed the entire brake system and clutch on my own. 1 hour. Very happy!

mickos
18th May 2012, 10:20 AM
lol see how the 0w40 goes, i was tossing up the 10w40, going to test the wastegate actuator with mate on weekend for static break off pressure its supposed to be 10psi ?

Nurb608
18th May 2012, 10:28 AM
Yep, 10psi.

In regards to the oil, i still use 0w40. The only time i get slight leaks is when it's under boost for prolonged amounts of time, e.g. on the track. No issues with it day to day.

mickos
18th May 2012, 10:31 AM
Good to know cheers rory, is the washer on sump bolt reusable?

mickos
18th May 2012, 10:40 AM
Or is a copper crush washer

Nurb608
18th May 2012, 11:06 AM
Cant actually remember, but i'd change it whilst your there for piece of mind.

JohnBu
18th May 2012, 11:31 AM
There isn't a copper washer.. it's actually an o-ring that seals it.

I never changed the o-ring for well over 15 oil changes in my Z20let. Never leaked, well not from the sump plug... lol I eventually replaced the o-ring only when I replaced the sump plug.

Z20let holden spec oil was 15w40! I switched over to 10w40 at approx 100,000km, no adverse affects.. but never tried 5w40 or 0w40.

mickos
18th May 2012, 11:40 AM
Hope its the same for z20leh- just bolt out drain bolt in.

gman
18th May 2012, 12:26 PM
I've always run my Z20LET on 10W40, even with the Garrett and EFR's. Moving to a 15W50 for the changed spec engine. Running around on the track at 30+psi and 8,000+rpm I want the extra protection. :D

Nurb608
18th May 2012, 06:01 PM
Fitted new rear pads after 78,000k's, still had 1/4 pad left and discs aren't even lipped!

Fire Extinguisher now mounted in the front floor using nutsets so the whole back seat is out for tomoorow now :D

Took the pod off finally and remounted the airbox, much quieter and feels good!

DWS 92
18th May 2012, 06:44 PM
Broke my new cam position sensor while fitting it.. I have learnt my lesson now, only using geniune parts!!

guy 27
18th May 2012, 06:49 PM
Refitted total closure module.

gman
18th May 2012, 07:59 PM
Fitted new rear pads after 78,000k's, still had 1/4 pad left and discs aren't even lipped!

Fire Extinguisher now mounted in the front floor using nutsets so the whole back seat is out for tomoorow now :D

Took the pod off finally and remounted the airbox, much quieter and feels good!

You at Winton tomorrow with EXE??

Nurb608
18th May 2012, 08:29 PM
You at Winton tomorrow with EXE??

Certainly am ;)

gman
18th May 2012, 09:44 PM
Certainly am ;)

Oh how I hate you at the moment!!! :(

Love to be racing around Winton tomorrow!!!!

dutchy
19th May 2012, 12:35 AM
received my;
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac8/dutchy_02/recircvalve.jpg

mickos
19th May 2012, 08:54 PM
I ended up putting a mix of nulon 10w 40 and 25w 50 nulon in my car today, mahle gm filter was on there so tight when undoing it the filter was collapsing and crunching itself. Seemed to be no oil applied to the rubber seal it was an absolute joke. Resulted to huge multi grips which got the sucker off. Owners manual for z20leh reccomends 5w30 or 15w40 oil.

Mate helped test static break off which was bang on 10psi, adjusted actuator 1 turn to bring on boost earlier.

xplosv57
20th May 2012, 10:13 AM
Mixing oil grades can cause oil sludge.

Made the 3400 odd km journey without a hitch and clicked over 190k in the process!

mickos
20th May 2012, 02:33 PM
Should be right with 1lt of 25w 50 added, will be changing oil again in 5K anyway.

Yesterday when testing the actuator, discovered the autometre T-piece had a small pin hole in it. Thats why gauge was flickering between 1-3psi under load in high revs. Buying a quality autometre gauge with such cheap crap T-piece looked like it was from a christmas bon bon, they could have given a decent brass one.

New T FTW

hazrd
20th May 2012, 03:18 PM
Mixing oil grades can cause oil sludge.

Made the 3400 odd km journey without a hitch and clicked over 190k in the process!

You mean 90k? :p
Glad u got there safely dude. Friday night prinny won't be the same!!

dutchy
21st May 2012, 01:39 AM
Put in the Forge recirc. valve which took over one and a half hour ! Wish they had left the damn loctite off.

benzino
21st May 2012, 01:48 AM
Put in the Forge recirc. valve which took over one and a half hour ! Wish they had left the damn loctite off.

Review?

dutchy
21st May 2012, 01:55 AM
Review?

yeah, will do that in the morning, it's now 1;58 am and don't wanna wake up the neighbours. Besides that, I need to wash all that blood off my hands and see if I can find the skin that was lost in the process ! You've got no space to work and you need a cut off allen key in order to get the bottom bolt out. It's one of the worst jobs there is.
Performance wise, I do not expect a whole lot of difference. The valve is a very nice good looking, well made, piece of porn and it made the turbo charger look a whole lot sexier :arf:

chris_r
21st May 2012, 02:05 AM
Finally got the wiring harnesses. After all the time I spent chasing the factory harnesses, I just went down to U-Pull-It in Elizabeth and stripped one off an '01 Astra sitting down there.

Started putting the radiator back in, as well as some other bits and pieces. Need to fabricate a bracket to relocate the coolant reservoir and mount the FPR and accelerator position sensors. Then, the wiring and the exhaust. Since I went for extractors, I'm seriously thinking of going for a custom system whilst I'm at it.

benzino
21st May 2012, 02:24 AM
yeah, will do that in the morning, it's now 1;58 am and don't wanna wake up the neighbours. Besides that, I need to wash all that blood off my hands and see if I can find the skin that was lost in the process ! You've got no space to work and you need a cut off allen key in order to get the bottom bolt out. It's one of the worst jobs there is.
Performance wise, I do not expect a whole lot of difference. The valve is a very nice good looking, well made, piece of porn and it made the turbo charger look a whole lot sexier :arf:

Yeah, just interested if it changes the way it drives/sounds.
How was your stock valve when you pulled it out, had it split?

adam_92
21st May 2012, 02:46 AM
Finally got the wiring harnesses. After all the time I spent chasing the factory harnesses, I just went down to U-Pull-It in Elizabeth and stripped one off an '01 Astra sitting down there.

Started putting the radiator back in, as well as some other bits and pieces. Need to fabricate a bracket to relocate the coolant reservoir and mount the FPR and accelerator position sensors. Then, the wiring and the exhaust. Since I went for extractors, I'm seriously thinking of going for a custom system whilst I'm at it.

White 1?? There was a white 01/02 astra up the northern yard About 5/6 weeks ago.

willhouse
21st May 2012, 03:12 PM
Ordered slotted rotors and Remsa pads from GSL.

Shay
21st May 2012, 07:56 PM
Broke my new cam position sensor while fitting it.. I have learnt my lesson now, only using geniune parts!!

genuine one is only 15 bucks from AV...

Should be right with 1lt of 25w 50 added, will be changing oil again in 5K anyway.

Yesterday when testing the actuator, discovered the autometre T-piece had a small pin hole in it. Thats why gauge was flickering between 1-3psi under load in high revs. Buying a quality autometre gauge with such cheap crap T-piece looked like it was from a christmas bon bon, they could have given a decent brass one.

New T FTW

No way. The sludge comes as a reaction between the different additives used in oils.
Nulon 20w50 and 10w40 will use very different additives given that they will both use the same base oil.
The reaction can happen as soon as you put it in the motor.

Never mix oils!

glider
21st May 2012, 08:39 PM
fitted provent 200 catch can to the tractor

chris_r
21st May 2012, 11:03 PM
White 1?? There was a white 01/02 astra up the northern yard About 5/6 weeks ago.

Yeah, mostly stripped now, although motor and gearbox are still in there, as is the coil pack. Alternator is also gone and cam sensor was butchered too.

adam_92
21st May 2012, 11:22 PM
it was mostly stripped when i was there. heavy front end crash. smashed the engine mounts it was so heavy

chris_r
22nd May 2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah, that didn't bother me too much. Got what I wanted, especially when dumbass wreckers couldn't be stuffed doing what I had asked them to do. Like they say, if you want something done, do it yourself. This seems to apply when purchasing used car parts too.

gman
22nd May 2012, 07:25 PM
Bought some new tyres for it.. Yokohama A050 225/45/17 in a medium compound...Bring on Wakefield and the Neova Cup.. :)

Nurb608
22nd May 2012, 07:26 PM
Bought some new tyres for it.. Yokohama A050 225/45/17 in a medium compound...Bring on Wakefield and the Neova Cup.. :)

Do i have to pick these ones up to? lol

mickos
22nd May 2012, 08:06 PM
Fresh tyres, smash some PBs out

gman
22nd May 2012, 08:11 PM
Do i have to pick these ones up to? lol

Ah no :) (smart arse :lol: )

gman
22nd May 2012, 08:12 PM
Fresh tyres, smash some PBs out

Gonna try. Might even see if I can get a decent Neova Cup FWD time on the board!!! ;)

ben-bru
22nd May 2012, 09:00 PM
Replaced pollen filter. Should've done this a while ago. Old one looked like it never had been replaced, pulled half a tree of leaf litter and dirt out. Had to vacuum the rest of it out once removed.

sooty
22nd May 2012, 09:43 PM
For version 2 of my tune installed.
Looking forward to version 3, individual waste gate duty cycles per gear and fixing my 480nm map.

lonewolf1983
23rd May 2012, 10:02 PM
new tyres arrived in time for track night next week

Shadow110
23rd May 2012, 10:16 PM
Put some form of sticker on mine... :-)
http://img.tapatalk.com/8ba886c7-d50b-2b7a.jpg

Numbnut
25th May 2012, 09:29 AM
Ordered slotted rotors and Remsa pads from GSL.

If you don't mind me asking, how much?

Getting some RE002's fitted tomorrow. Them coupled with the service I just got should give the car a fresh feel.

willhouse
25th May 2012, 11:00 AM
$430 all up, and posted. Just ordered front rotors though.

poita
25th May 2012, 11:03 AM
tried to take the wheels off

going to get a 5ft breaker bar on the weekend and see how i go.

Numbnut
25th May 2012, 11:07 AM
$430 all up, and posted. Just ordered front rotors though.

Ta. Not bad.

mickos
25th May 2012, 11:52 AM
Ordered some insignia washer jets on ebay

Shadow110
25th May 2012, 12:21 PM

I'll be ordering mine next Friday (pay day)

dsuhiti91
25th May 2012, 02:12 PM

Installed mine a few weeks ago, work well. But enjoy popping them out!

chris_r
25th May 2012, 09:10 PM

Sounds like some tyre jockey got carried away with the power of the rattle gun.

Shadow110
25th May 2012, 09:21 PM
You would think the bolts would break if you need a breaker bar that big...
Maybe someone has done a wobbly on you and done left hand thread on ya...

xplosv57
25th May 2012, 09:26 PM

Sounds like some tyre jockey got carried away with the power of the rattle gun.

You would think the bolts would break if you need a breaker bar that big...
Maybe someone has done a wobbly on you and done left hand thread on ya...

If it's the old Cali, spray some rust off/WD40 on the bolt, i'd guess it's cause the cars been sitting there for ages!

If it's the Corsa, then I point my fingers at Guy and Pauly...

guy 27
25th May 2012, 09:30 PM
If it's the Corsa, then I point my fingers at Guy and Pauly...

we couldn't get it undone here. we were worried we would snap the bolts they were that tight.

xplosv57
25th May 2012, 09:37 PM
we couldn't get it undone here. we were worried we would snap the bolts they were that tight.

Maybe PaulyJ loctited the wheel nuts lol!!

poita
26th May 2012, 12:24 AM
I had the wheel brace on and I was jumping on it and they wouldn't budge.

I'm about 90kg so the fukers are tight!

Might have to get a tyre shop onto them

boorny88
26th May 2012, 12:42 AM
Finally serviced my car today new filter and 10w/40 liquid moly oil car feels happy again

mickos
26th May 2012, 06:57 PM
Fresh oil Yew!!!!!

chris_r
26th May 2012, 08:03 PM
Just made the car side ECU loom for the GSi. Still have the immobiliser loom and another loom to the engine side of the ECU. Those wires that aren't inside the tubing are for the pedal position sensor, in other words, part of getting around the drive by wire problem.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/chris_110980/IMG_20120526_191740.jpg

DWS 92
26th May 2012, 11:17 PM
Paid $650 for rego.. rear sway bar put back another 3 weeks while i save up. :@

Numbnut
27th May 2012, 07:47 PM
Did the old pacific highway with my new RE002's. They feel awesome, I have so much confidence in the car now. V difficult to get understeer but still found some so front strut brace and rear shims aren't far off.

Nurb608
27th May 2012, 07:51 PM
Did the old pacific highway with my new RE002's. They feel awesome, I have so much confidence in the car now. V difficult to get understeer but still found some so front strut brace and rear shims aren't far off.

Great tyres!

Numbnut
27th May 2012, 08:23 PM
Absolutely. The old ones were balding, had cracks in them and howled at anything over 50kph so the new ones are such a big step up.

lonewolf1983
27th May 2012, 08:54 PM
Coilovers are in, huge drop at the rear and a decent at the front.
Much firmer than stock, and the car feels great on the road, cant wait to get it on the track now!

also mounted fire extinguisher

mickos
27th May 2012, 08:59 PM
Nice one FMIC and Neovas would be GOLD

gman
27th May 2012, 09:41 PM
I love my AD08's!!! :D

mickos
28th May 2012, 09:55 AM
I am going to wait till my current conti's are cactus then ado8s are going on.

lonewolf1983
28th May 2012, 05:18 PM
AD08's are nice, i went for federal RS-R's as they're dirt cheap but still verrrry sticky

wullieb1
28th May 2012, 08:49 PM
Absolutely nowt :) :) :)

rwy16r
28th May 2012, 10:43 PM
changed oil and oil filter 10w - 40 Valvoline Semi-Syn, cleaned Mass Airflow Meter with CRC spray

dsuhiti91
30th May 2012, 10:03 AM
In about 2000k's doing my transmission oil, engine oil/filter and changing the rocker cover gasket. While the cross pipe is off, I want to change it to a 'normal' one, any tutorials anywhere on how to do that?

Numbnut
30th May 2012, 06:42 PM
Have a look around on astra owners network. Some good how to's in there.

Shadow110
30th May 2012, 11:10 PM
Got me a bargain at pick and Payless today...
Got myself a radiator overflow tank for 20... Practically new!... Then started to poke around inside the car... 2 brand new wiper blades... Those twin blade ones whatever... I needed them... Free!!!
One of those silly plastic cap on the wheel bolts free!
Then noticed that the centre console had cup holders... 15 beans...
Now I have to find out how to fit it..

benzino
31st May 2012, 01:50 AM
Got me a bargain at pick and Payless today...
Got myself a radiator overflow tank for 20... Practically new!... Then started to poke around inside the car... 2 brand new wiper blades... Those twin blade ones whatever... I needed them... Free!!!
One of those silly plastic cap on the wheel bolts free!
Then noticed that the centre console had cup holders... 15 beans...
Now I have to find out how to fit it..
geez I wish I had a pick and payless around here... the wreckers are bloody nazis... "I need a nut to match this one [wrecker worker rustles around in box of assorted nuts] ... here you go, $5 please." Go to superepcobarn for pack of 5 for $6
/rant

washed the astra
http://i49.tinypic.com/1peyoo.jpg

tjay
31st May 2012, 06:57 AM
Had my paintwork corrected due to some bloody useless foreigners scratching EVERY panel in a hand car wash in my home town!!!!

The pooh is gonna hit the fan because the owner wrote out a rubber cheque for £350.The fella that did the work on my car is a friend from VXROnline,known as THE HITMAN!!!!.....car wash man will regret his actions big time!

Having some FALKEN FK452's fitted tomorrow.