PDA

View Full Version : LMF fark up?

SIMid
20th October 2009, 09:49 AM
Dammit. :mad:

Finally got the clutch kit and even spoke to them to confirm the part with my VIN number before they sent it out and it's the wrong one.

So now I have to pay someone else to rip apart the wrong clutch and use my old clutch to rebuild another heavy duty clutch, farken pissed off. :mad: An expensive exercise.

Heaps of people swear their the best, well, major incompetence is what I see.

The bill is going to be huge. :(

Calibrated
20th October 2009, 09:55 AM
Dammit. :mad:

Finally got the clutch kit and even spoke to them to confirm the part with my VIN number before they sent it out and it's the wrong one.

So now I have to pay someone else to rip apart the wrong clutch and use my old clutch to rebuild another heavy duty clutch, farken pissed off. :mad: An expensive exercise.

Heaps of people swear their the best, well, major incompetence is what I see.

The bill is going to be huge. :(
have you contacted LMF to tell them its the wrong one? what did they say?

SIMid
20th October 2009, 10:06 AM
have you contacted LMF to tell them its the wrong one? what did they say?

Just found out 15mins ago. Wont be able to call them till tonight and I really cant see them being able to do something about it.

Calibrated
20th October 2009, 10:17 AM
Just found out 15mins ago. Wont be able to call them till tonight and I really cant see them being able to do something about it.
Compensation... Paying for return freight...

Keep'emRunning
20th October 2009, 10:23 AM
Sorry to hear about that, sux when you wait so long and it's the wrong part!

BTW did you go through Dan on here? Everything I've ordered from LMF goes through him.. confirms he receives the right parts and has been 100% accurate so far.

sadavidsriturbo
20th October 2009, 10:29 AM
Sucks ass when you have to deal with returns/wrong item from overseas happened with my G/Fs big end bearings got given the wrong ones from auto vaux lucky it was only $40 so i didnt bother but im sure aside from having to wait it will get sorted ;)

SIMid
20th October 2009, 10:45 AM
Paying for return freight...

The prob I have is that the Astra is in bits and the installer does not have time to wait for the clutch to be mailed back and another one sent. So he can only suggest to butcher both clutches to make a new one.

Originally I wanted to get this heavy duty clutch from Netherlands, but they said they had a compatible one. When they sent it to my uncle in London, he said it wasnt the same one you had originally wanted (2 parts instead of 3). So I rang them to make sure and confirmed with my VIN number and said it was the perfect part. Cant remember the guys name, but my Uncle said he spoke to Sam?

I wrote to my uncle to get in touch with them and see what had happened. But yeah, not impressed. And when I get the bill, I will need to hide it from the misses cause she's gonna flip. :(

SIMid
20th October 2009, 10:49 AM
Sorry to hear about that, sux when you wait so long and it's the wrong part!

U dont understand, I have been trying to get a clutch for over 6 months and when I thought I did, it was a bloody wrong part. :mad: Was frustrated in not locating one and was over joyed in "thinking" I had one. Now it's like back to square one.

This is what they sent me, from my uncle's email.

641723080 Clutch Kit Sachs (2 pc) Astra H 2.0 Turbo - £99.68
645720010 Slave cylinder - £85.05

So WTF happened, I have no idea.

Nurb608
20th October 2009, 11:51 AM
Here's the listing for the Sachs clutch.

http://webcat.zf-trading.com/index.asp?LKZ=D&PKW=1&SPR=4&EINSPNR=32,14,1632,1614

I couldn't find those part numbers you were given

SIMid
20th October 2009, 12:02 PM
Here's the listing for the Sachs clutch.

http://webcat.zf-trading.com/index.asp?LKZ=D&PKW=1&SPR=4&EINSPNR=32,14,1632,1614

I couldn't find those part numbers you were given

They were on the invoice my Uncle received. I've just been looking on the web too and found nothing as well.

The guy here told me the spline (I think that's what he said) does not match the shaft.

*sigh*

mr corsa
20th October 2009, 12:12 PM
the joys of buying products from overseas :lol:

Wraith
20th October 2009, 12:23 PM
the joys of buying products from overseas :lol:

+ 1 yes indeed...

At least in his case he got something, albeit the wrong something for his money...

Could've been worse and not recieved anything at all and lost money for nothing, as has happened to some others of us here, that's the worst case scenario...

I think if you do it often enough, your bound to have at least one sour incident, unfortunately...

Hope all works out well in this case :)

auzvectra
20th October 2009, 12:31 PM
+ 1 yes indeed...

At least in his case he got something, albeit the wrong something for his money...

Could've been worse and not recieved anything at all and lost money for nothing, as has happened to some others of us here, that's the worst case scenario...

I think if you do it often enough, your bound to have at least one sour incident, unfortunately...

Hope all works out well in this case :)

yep, i lost 1500 and an ecu :(.

mr corsa
20th October 2009, 12:32 PM
the funny thing is you can get the same clutch or if not better one made here in aust mine was made here and never had a problem

auzvectra
20th October 2009, 12:32 PM
Sucks ass when you have to deal with returns/wrong item from overseas happened with my G/Fs big end bearings got given the wrong ones from auto vaux lucky it was only $40 so i didnt bother but im sure aside from having to wait it will get sorted ;)

rings n bearings i get here ;).
big ends cost me $33 for mine.

SIMid
20th October 2009, 12:34 PM
yep, i lost 1500 and an ecu :(.

Your kidding?? Farken hell, thats unbelievable.

Whats also sore is that this was the first time I have dealt with LMF. Not a very good impression. :(

Calibrated
20th October 2009, 12:41 PM
U dont understand, I have been trying to get a clutch for over 6 months and when I thought I did, it was a bloody wrong part. :mad: Was frustrated in not locating one and was over joyed in "thinking" I had one. Now it's like back to square one.

This is what they sent me, from my uncle's email.

641723080 Clutch Kit Sachs (2 pc) Astra H 2.0 Turbo - £99.68
645720010 Slave cylinder - £85.05

So WTF happened, I have no idea.
that is insanely cheap. try finding a clutch for a calibra at even double that...

SIMid
20th October 2009, 01:30 PM
that is insanely cheap. try finding a clutch for a calibra at even double that...

Not cheap enough for a useless item. :(

SIMid
20th October 2009, 04:12 PM
Spoke to the guys who are working on my clutch, they think it might be a Heavy Duty Clutch for the TS Turbos. Someone may have placed into the box the wrong kit.

So if they don't need to butcher it, this may be useful for someone here who needs an upgrade. :idea:

Hope to find out and get a confirmation.

hazrd
20th October 2009, 07:26 PM

$1600 fitted for my calibra turbo :yikes:

Danboy_LMF
20th October 2009, 08:08 PM
Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience, if you want to contact us we will look into whats happened and go from there. We always try to be as helpful where we can and supply the correct parts.

I'm now aware of this, you can either contact us by phone or email sales@lmfvauxhall.com and we will go from there.

As you can see by some of the members on Opelaus I've dealt with them all myself and so far have never had an issue, but as I've had no dealings with this order I can't comment myself but will try my best to sort it out.

Dan

sadavidsriturbo
21st October 2009, 08:07 AM
rings n bearings i get here ;).
big ends cost me $33 for mine.

LOL Holdens wanted $380 for them genuine but :rolleyes:

SIMid
21st October 2009, 08:37 AM
Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience, if you want to contact us we will look into whats happened and go from there. We always try to be as helpful where we can and supply the correct parts.

I'm now aware of this, you can either contact us by phone or email sales@lmfvauxhall.com and we will go from there.

As you can see by some of the members on Opelaus I've dealt with them all myself and so far have never had an issue, but as I've had no dealings with this order I can't comment myself but will try my best to sort it out.

Dan

Thanks Dan, I think my uncle rang you guys up just before and said that I will be in touch. I rang and realised it's like 11:30pm so I sent you an email. May try to ring U guys when I get home after work.

Hope you get the email! :) *LOL*

auzvectra
21st October 2009, 10:23 AM
LOL Holdens wanted $380 for them genuine but :rolleyes:

hahaha, even more rediculous then the usual holden pricing :p.

SIMid
21st October 2009, 12:25 PM
hahaha, even more rediculous then the usual holden pricing :p.

Maybe the decimal point is in the wrong spot? $33.80 :p

Danboy_LMF
21st October 2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks Dan, I think my uncle rang you guys up just before and said that I will be in touch. I rang and realised it's like 11:30pm so I sent you an email. May try to ring U guys when I get home after work.

Hope you get the email! :) *LOL*

He did indeed, I told him I was aware of this. I've had nothing come through in my email yet but it maybe in my bosses email, so will check with him when hes in shortly and we will go from there :)

SIMid
22nd October 2009, 12:39 PM
Just to confirm for Dan,

The AH Astra 2litre turbos have;

M32 (6 speed) gearbox?

LET (TS) /LEL (AH) /LER (VXR)?? (I always get these mixed up) One is for the TS, one is for the AH and the other for the VXR ..... :confused:

The LEL and LER are basically the same externally?

I do know the VXR flywheel is different for the AH SRiTs. So you cant put a aftermarket heavy duty VXR clutch into a SRiT (unless U get the flywheel to match).

Danboy_LMF
22nd October 2009, 07:33 PM
Just to confirm for Dan,

The AH Astra 2litre turbos have;

M32 (6 speed) gearbox?

LET (TS) /LEL (AH) /LER (VXR)?? (I always get these mixed up) One is for the TS, one is for the AH and the other for the VXR ..... :confused:

The LEL and LER are basically the same externally?

I do know the VXR flywheel is different for the AH SRiTs. So you cant put a aftermarket heavy duty VXR clutch into a SRiT (unless U get the flywheel to match).

Thats pretty much what I found out after doing a lot of searching etc yesterday. I know a lot of people over here put the 1.9 CDTI clutch and flywheels into the LEL/LER's.

The LEH is the VXR engine :) the LER and LEL both have the same clutches and flywheel its just the VXR thats different.

I'm hoping to have more answers later on today for you.