PDA

View Full Version : *PLEASE HELP* Astra H emissions light on, wont start???

WLD-18L
29th April 2012, 01:54 PM
try to start mums ah the emissions warning light stays on, try to turn it over and nothing but one solid click sound? tried shorting out starter motor, didnt work, tried jumping it, still nothing? any help would be greatly appreciate :)

p.s its a 2006 astra cdx auto, also tried starting in Park and Neutral, still nothing.

guy 27
29th April 2012, 02:34 PM
without an error code its a bit hard to help over the net.

if you don't have a code reader than do a search on the forum for pedal test.

WLD-18L
29th April 2012, 02:58 PM
without an error code its a bit hard to help over the net.

if you don't have a code reader than do a search on the forum for pedal test.

thanks mate, tried the pedal test with no luck, brake and accel both fully pressed, tun key to acc... nothing, inSP shows and then goes back to normal kms, no ecn or codes??

guy 27
29th April 2012, 03:00 PM
try the spare key.

WLD-18L
29th April 2012, 03:06 PM
hrmm, have cleared inSP light and tried with both sets of keys, still no codes, cars doing my head in! lol

guy 27
29th April 2012, 03:15 PM
without a fault code or seeing the car its just too hard to say what the issue may be.

WLD-18L
29th April 2012, 03:16 PM
yeah i know mate, thanks for your help! ill keep trying i guess!

Alwyn
29th April 2012, 06:23 PM
Try giving your starter a tap with a hammer and extension to reach it then try start it. If that doesnt work try tapping it as someone else turns the key, just mind any moving parts or breakable bits while sledging the extension! Could be that if all you hear is a clunk is as the solenoid pulls in but the brushes may not be contacting in the motor. If this works then its time for a starter rebuild or replacement.