PDA

View Full Version : Astra VXR Review

ChrisMaz
13th June 2012, 01:58 AM
Piston heads has a drive. Pretty impressive.

http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/25842/Astra_VXR019.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/roadtests/doc.asp?c=47&i=25842

Shadow110
13th June 2012, 09:51 AM
whooshing form the bespoke Remus exhaust that sounds like Darth Vader undergoing an alcohol breath test.

That's tops!!! Lol...

JohnBu
13th June 2012, 10:28 AM
Very nice..

Wonder what the price will be

dsuhiti91
13th June 2012, 11:09 AM
Going to be expensive. In the UK I believe it's about 8000 pounds more than a Focus ST! I can't justify paying that huge difference.

This article states 5000. Still a lot of money! That can buy some nice mods on the ST to make it quicker than a VXR.

Wraith
13th June 2012, 01:23 PM
We fianally have some fast facts on this thing 0-100km/h in a Focus RS matching 5.9sec - nice...

Chassis and drivetrain sounds like it could cope with a power up as well, which is what just about anybody who buys one of these will do, turbo engines always give at least a 15-20% power and torque hike just from a remap :)

U.K pricing suggests around 50k+ for Aust. so similar price point to a Golf R 3 door...

We'll know alot more when they land, I'm definitely going to sample one when they do :)

Younge
13th June 2012, 05:45 PM
I've been keeping an eye on the reviews for some time.
https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&gl=au&tbm=nws&q=vxr+review&oq=vxr+review&aq=f&aqi=d2&aql=&gs_l=news-cc.3..43j43i400.2931.4081.0.4193.10.3.0.7.0.1.208. 263.2j0j1.3.0...0.0.GwjU6YwdXZM

It seems like there will always be people against 'vauxhall' no matter how good the car is.

I'm flying back to england in 5 weeks and i'm going to give it a test drive, i'll make my own mind up on how good or bad it is.
I find with reviews you will always get people who are willing to point out bad things rather than good.

A few of my friends back home have ordered a vxr and hopefully be getting it before i land. will give you all an honest opinion when im back.

Let's hope they do make it over here :)

Hoss
13th June 2012, 05:53 PM
More refined than the current VXR. Lower rpm delivery of torque - good. Looks OK.....but will it be released here?

Younge
13th June 2012, 05:57 PM
I recon so, Opel is bringing the corsa and astra, why wouldn't they bring the new flagship model? they are really proud of the vxr, its all over the forums back home.

If they don't, i may have to invest in shipping one over, the visa i'm on lets me too! :D

poita
13th June 2012, 06:08 PM
They will be about 6 mths after initial release apparently. But we will see.

And screw the astra I want an Insignia OPC!

Nurb608
13th June 2012, 06:09 PM
OPC Variants likely to be here next year, but they will be coming!

edit: ^^^^^

gman
13th June 2012, 06:35 PM
I'd be very tempted to buy one..

kabel
13th June 2012, 09:28 PM
I'd be very tempted to buy one..
I was just out in the garage with the measuring stick. If I offload a whole lot of spare parts I have I can then buy some go jacks and use the room taken up by car parts to put one whole car.
Effectively I can then fit four cars into my three and a half car garage. Do not know why I did not think of this before !
Time to start my "2013 Astra OPC" saving account. :ihih:

metry
14th June 2012, 12:26 AM
And screw the astra I want an Insignia OPC!

they better bring the opc. i personally wouldnt mind an opc corsa nurburgring edition. back on topic the new VXR looks amazing. love the look of the thing and the performance specs are great too

poita
14th June 2012, 12:30 AM
Have been reading a few bits and pieces on drive tests of the car and such.

People are very impressed, the car is being very well received!

And I think I read from next year they will be fully built in the UK

JohnBu
14th June 2012, 09:45 AM
Are they still currently made in Belgium?

My TS Astra was made in Belgium- paint, fit and finish was superb, as good as the better Germans and Japanese.

Younge
15th June 2012, 04:25 PM
I've been reading a lot of reviews, the 'Big brands' seem to have this 'if it wasn't a vauxhall it would be amazing' opinion.

Its a shame people can't just accept its a bloody good car for the price and its going to kick arse! so screw you reviews! were the people that count and our reviews count!

BEK-46P
15th June 2012, 05:54 PM
Piston heads has a drive. Pretty impressive.

http://images.pistonheads.com/nimg/25842/Astra_VXR019.jpg

http://www.pistonheads.com/roadtests/doc.asp?c=47&i=25842

Hottest hatch EVER.

guy 27
15th June 2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmgf-Hd_epE

metry
16th June 2012, 06:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmgf-Hd_epE

that sounds mad. i cant wait to see thse here

Wraith
19th June 2012, 01:20 PM
Hottest hatch EVER.

I've seen what's coming soon from some other Euro manufacturers in the hot hatch segment and wouldn't go that far with the statement above, but this new Astra OPC is bloody awesome none the less and I too am very keen, very keen indeed, have already shown lots of pics to the missus doing the subliminal preparation on her to accept another new car purchase soon LOL I love the look of the burgandy red one :)

I suppose you could call this the hottest Opel ever, that's for sure...or maybe that'll end up being the Insignia...

mickos
19th June 2012, 03:13 PM
Looks like a hot hatch for sure!

Younge
19th June 2012, 04:09 PM
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/5903/vauxhall-astra-vxr-20-car-review

A lovely review of the car.

"Of course, there are some who will prefer the Golf and Focus. And we can see that too, but the Astra made us smile, laugh and hoot with joy as we flew around tiny country roads with a feeling of control and sensation of great speed and acceleration. If you're in any doubt, book a test drive, but be prepared to want one after you do."

best statement of any review! :D

JohnBu
19th June 2012, 04:28 PM
That review is odd.. they keep referring to the Astra as not German..

It may not be built in Germany, who knows where each model comes from, but I would say the Astra, being an Opel, would be considered German. No?

faneca
19th June 2012, 04:36 PM
That review is odd.. they keep referring to the Astra as not German..

It may not be built in Germany, who knows where each model comes from, but I would say the Astra, being an Opel, would be considered German. No?

But if you say that would saying the Pontiac gto( monaro model) is American?

Younge
19th June 2012, 04:36 PM
Not really.. the VXR was built and tested in the UK because we have such vast roaf surfaces, nice, bad, rough, smooth .. you name it.. we have it!

I guess because of the above reasons we class it as an English car... to me.. its a GM motor. i don't care what badge it has on it!

BEK-46P
19th June 2012, 09:00 PM
I've seen what's coming soon from some other Euro manufacturers in the hot hatch segment and wouldn't go that far with the statement above, but this new Astra OPC is bloody awesome none the less and I too am very keen, very keen indeed, have already shown lots of pics to the missus doing the subliminal preparation on her to accept another new car purchase soon LOL I love the look of the burgandy red one :)

I suppose you could call this the hottest Opel ever, that's for sure...or maybe that'll end up being the Insignia...

I thought I was over the hot hatch. My next car was going to be a 370Z, but after seeing the production model of this new VXR and reading the positive reviews, I am seriously considering holding out for it when it arrives next year. A mate of mine just got himself a new Megane RS, which I respect, but I STILL think is dog-ugly. It already looks dated. I don't think the French have anything on the Germans in terms of styling. Opel bias asoide, I think the new VXR is the sexiest-looking hatch... ever. The only contender would be the Focus RS.

And it will be an official Opel, too... which means no more nasty attached Holden stigma!

aussie_in_london
19th June 2012, 10:59 PM
Car magazine has a good hot hatch giant test that is worth the read

VXR v Megane RS v GTI 35 v Scirocco R

Outcome, they do like the VXR but would recommend putting your money in the direction of the Megane RS if you we was in the market for a hard core hot hatch. But if you wanted something more rounded, I'd suggest you seriously consider on the the Wolkswagons
Megane & Scirocco 5 starts
VXR & GTI 4 stars

Interesting part was from Ben Pulman with his counterpart.....

In summary
It is a surprise to find none of our quartet delivers exactly what we are all after.
I would want the golfs practical 5 door body shell and its interior too, It has the best build quality, and despite the seats not offering as much support as the Renaults recaro buckets means your wife or girlfriend wont think about becoming your ex every time she squeezes into them.

This dream hot hatch would have the scirocco's engine, because despite the edition 35 using the same 2ltr as its sleeker cousin, the latter boasts more power and a more enthusiastic soundtrack. Renault Sport would then tweak the suspension and fit its trick front-end, for the instant turn-in and deft chassie and I'd be happy.
But Vauxhall won't be, as I can't think of any element I'd wont from the Astra VXR that isn't superior on one of it's rivals.

dizzydumb
20th June 2012, 10:54 AM
Dammit... now I gotta save up and buy the new VXR. I was thinking of swapping to the 'not so dark side' getting a Focus RS after this just to see what the hype is all about. However being an Opel man, I'd hate to break my streak lol.

kabel
20th June 2012, 02:28 PM
dammit... Now i gotta save up and buy the new vxr. I was thinking of swapping to the 'not so dark side' getting a focus rs after this just to see what the hype is all about. However being an opel man, i'd hate to break my streak lol.

stay on the path do not deviate to the dark side !

guy 27
20th June 2012, 03:14 PM
love the look of the new vxr.

Nurb608
25th June 2012, 12:53 PM
OK, sorry about the bad translation in this article, but a few good things in there. Most suprising was the use of a moisture sensor in the air filter!

Opel Astra OPC (2013)

CARBARN | Opel Astra OPC (2013) | Opel has a powerful package of chassis, especially the transverse dynamics and the quality of treatment for his superb new Astra OPC based, in addition to its powerful 206 kW/280 hp, 400 Nm engine designed. The frame mechatronic FlexRide, which has particularly improved and developed OPC needs and offers the driver the damping characteristics and driving demands, is the main ingredient in the framework for high performance. While the traditional Astra FlexRide you can choose between a standard adaptive setting, choose a more comfortable tour and the sport mode, which is designed Opel Astra OPC system for those who enjoy a sporty ride. The Opel Astra OPC drivers can choose between three different modes, each mode has a unique and specific high-performance driving. In the meantime, how OPC provides the driving experience: the steering is more direct than the Sport mode, throttle response is faster and the adjustment of the frame is oriented to achieve maximum performance. The lights on the instrument panel lights up red to indicate that the machine is in OPC. For better control of possible stroke, the control ramp submode further stiffening the damping, so that the wheels are in contact with the road surface immediately after a brake for the optimal control.

Compared with the 1.6 Turbo Astra GTC (132 kW/180hp), OPC engineers stiffened the springs lowered standard of around 30 percent and the vehicle for another ten millimeters and brings the car closer to the road. The elastic-kinematic nature of these mountains steering increases agility through support in the event of extreme lateral forces in tight turns. The Opel Astra OPC comes with proven HiPerStruts Struts (High Performance). OPC engineers has evolved from Astra MacPherson struts standards to the new architecture HiPerStrut front suspension that puts the driver first place and maintain a high degree of comfort to create.

It reduces the tendency of the pin 44 percent and reduces the length of the spindle (kingpin offset) of 46 percent reduced with a lever arm. The reduced tilt of the pen means less loss in camber curve and thus an improved grip levels, with a higher power curve and a greater linearity curve. The shorter length of the spindle motor torque reduction reactions, the sensitivity on the road and tire shake flop. In addition, links to Watt, who has been tried and tested in motor sports on the back of the Opel Astra OPC is installed and connected to provide a connection with the crankshaft and excellent lateral stability and steering precision, especially when cornering. The system ensures that absorbed 80 percent of all lateral loads through the rear suspension. To convert the power of the new Astra in an efficient driving, the front axle is equipped with a mechanical limited-slip differential fins. If a turn of the front wheels, the two packages in the disk clutch and differentiated work as a unit under a clearly defined resistance.

In the case of the Astra OPC, the ramp angle of 45 degrees was chosen for the acceleration. Opel has developed a completely new air intake system to improve the dynamics of air flow, reduce further the pressure loss and thus increase the efficiency of the engine. The geometric cross-section of the inlet channel is significantly increased. The air filter window that the air filters was increased in terms of volume. It also reduces the extended field noise. The filtered air is passed through a moisture sensor in the air filter. Opel is the first automobile manufacturer to use such a sensor in a production vehicle. CO2 emissions 14 percent less than the previous Opel Astra OPC (221 g / km), while the lower fuel consumption by 12 percent (9.2 liters). When the engine is already Astra OPC 400 Nm of maximum torque available at 2450 rpm (an increase in torque equivalent of 25 percent to its predecessor Opel Astra OPC, the device noise reduction is very important. The advantage of the hissing sound resonator, the driver, the maximum torque of the engine torque plateau early and a large, low noise and vibrations. Other features are typical OPC shifter and aluminum sport pedals with rubber studs, coated for better adhesion of the foot.

Black roof lining, floor mats with the logo and exclusive OPC edge nubuck with reflective strips, a special function for sewing customer.Exclusive door trim in OPC Arden Blue or Pearl Cool in the cabin give the interior the atmosphere and premium sports. Polls show most are the Astra OPC Clients men in their early thirties, who lead a very active lifestyle. Instead, the owner of the Astra GTC tend to be in his forties, suggesting that OPC appeal to a younger segment of customers. Among them are many motor sports enthusiasts who enjoy the thrill of driving a high-performance sports coupe like the Opel Astra OPC. About 70 percent of OPC clients opt for the 20 "instead of the usual 19" aluminum alloy wheels. This is further evidence that the typical customer Astra OPC of athleticism and unique trim levels. The exclusive OPC performance training offered by the fall of 2006, are very popular among pilots ambitious and far-booked in advance. They are open not only to the driver or owner of Opel OPC models, but also for drivers of all makes of vehicles. Participants learn the dynamics of the OPC models to use in a controlled and safe by a professional team of instructors under the watchful eyes of former Opel works driver, champion of the Le Mans and the brand ambassador Joachim Winkelhock.

http://carbarn81.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/opel-astra-opc-2013.html

mickos
25th June 2012, 02:54 PM
Sounds good, power economy and handling, dash light change and decent interior/ exterior.
Whos getting one?

Hoss
25th June 2012, 04:51 PM
Whos getting one?[/QUOTE]

Well it won't be me. It seems the OPC is only for young, athletic men who lead an active lifestyle!

2002_XC
25th June 2012, 04:54 PM
Whos getting one

Well it won't be me. It seems the OPC is only for young, athletic men who lead an active lifestyle!

:lol: I think that excludes most forum members :p

Nurb608
25th June 2012, 04:58 PM
Whos getting one?

Well it won't be me. It seems the OPC is only for young, athletic men who lead an active lifestyle![/QUOTE]

Was waiting for that joke when I was reading the article :lol:

mickos
25th June 2012, 04:59 PM
Haha I am active I get up and walk to the fridge for beers every 30 mins at least 10-15 times on weekends then 2-3times per night

Hoss
25th June 2012, 05:02 PM

Was waiting for that joke when I was reading the article :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well you'd be the exception Rory. You're still a young and vital time attack driver.:rofl1:

Hoss
25th June 2012, 05:04 PM

Was waiting for that joke when I was reading the article :lol:[/QUOTE]

Well you're the exception Rory - a young and vital Time Attack driver:rofl1:

Nurb608
25th June 2012, 05:21 PM
Well you're the exception Rory - a young and vital Time Attack driver:rofl1:

pmsl, the wife would strongly disagree with you :D

poita
25th June 2012, 05:22 PM
So do I lol

Nurb608
25th June 2012, 06:16 PM
So do I lol

You're still older than most on here grandpa :p

gman
26th June 2012, 11:31 AM

Steady on there young fella... :D

dutchy
26th June 2012, 12:22 PM

We might not be young, fast and athletic but what we lack in that department, we make up in wisdom.......(cough cough) :wink5:

guy 27
26th June 2012, 12:32 PM
am i too young to get one? :lol:

it will most likely be my next car. personally i think its the best looking astra to come out to date and because of that its making mine look dated.

Wraith
26th June 2012, 01:30 PM
LOL as car enthusiasts age has nothing to do with it :)

Does it live up to all your expectations/requirements, do you really want or need one, can you fit it with everything else already there in your lifestyle and most importantly can you afford it - that's basically what it always comes down to with cars...answer yes to all that and you'll have that car at home - simple :)

I think we're all waiting for these to arrive, then it all goes from there...

dsuhiti91
26th June 2012, 01:33 PM
It's gonna be an awesome car, but I won't be able to afford it brand new yet. Next car is a 370Z, rear wheel drive, 5 sec flat to 100 and awesome 2 door looks!

Wraith
27th June 2012, 12:54 PM
It's gonna be an awesome car, but I won't be able to afford it brand new yet. Next car is a 370Z, rear wheel drive, 5 sec flat to 100 and awesome 2 door looks!

That is a very good choice of vehicle if your requiring or want an excellent hi performance 'proper' coupe, good friend has one and I love it, all the tech and especially the interior...it has mega mod potential too if you want to go that way...

If your into that particular coupe category, maybe wait for the new Toyota F86 and Sube BRZ to compare to as well, you may be able to score a new one of those for a similar price to a S/H 370Z...

dizzydumb
27th June 2012, 01:02 PM
That is a very good choice of vehicle if your requiring or want an excellent hi performance 'proper' coupe, good friend has one and I love it, all the tech and especially the interior...it has mega mod potential too if you want to go that way...

If your into that particular coupe category, maybe wait for the new Toyota F86 and Sube BRZ to compare to as well, you may be able to score a new one of those for a similar price to a S/H 370Z...

370Z is way over the FT86/BRZ's league. They need to be compared to the likes of: Civic Type R, MX5, RX8, Renault Cliosport RS.
Don't forget the 86/BRZ is built as an affordable 'blank tuning canvas' for enthusiasts, whereas the 370Z is a 'buy and drive' performance package, hence the price tag of over $70K. Kinda like comparing a Focus RS to FN2 civic type R?

dsuhiti91
27th June 2012, 02:25 PM
370Z is way over the FT86/BRZ's league. They need to be compared to the likes of: Civic Type R, MX5, RX8, Renault Cliosport RS.
Don't forget the 86/BRZ is built as an affordable 'blank tuning canvas' for enthusiasts, whereas the 370Z is a 'buy and drive' performance package, hence the price tag of over $70K. Kinda like comparing a Focus RS to FN2 civic type R?

Yeah, 86/BRZ is great and is cheap, but I want something quicker without revving the guts out of it, while still having the luxury to go with it (kinda why got an SRi Turbo). When Subaru put a turbo on the BRZ, it will be great, but for now the 370Z is the best for what I want. I'll get a used one, good examples are around 43k now - but I'll stick to the Astra for another 1-1.5 years.

Back on topic, the OPC will be a top car. Hopefully they price it well.

adam_92
27th June 2012, 02:37 PM
Whos getting one?

Well it won't be me. It seems the OPC is only for young, athletic men who lead an active lifestyle![/QUOTE]

Was waiting for that joke when I was reading the article :lol:

Well you'd be the exception Rory. You're still a young and vital time attack driver.:rofl1:[/QUOTE]

So that's Aaron (@faneca) shadow, me and possibly guy...

guy 27
27th June 2012, 08:57 PM
i will end up getting a 1 or 2 year old one at some point. i've already made the decision i'm going to get one. but i'm happy for a good 2nd hand one to appear.

heres another review (turn subtitles on)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52GULYssIoE

faneca
27th June 2012, 09:15 PM
Yeah I'm definitely gonna have one sitting in my driveway once I have a full time job :P

Wraith
28th June 2012, 05:51 PM
I think there's eventually going to be alot of forum members on here with one of these :)

lonewolf1983
18th July 2012, 12:57 AM
this is why i'd still take the frenchy!
http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/trackdayvideos/285895/renault_megane_265_vs_vauxhall_astra_vxr_video.htm l

Nurb608
18th July 2012, 01:27 AM
http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/trackdayvideos/285895/renault_megane_265_vs_vauxhall_astra_vxr_video.htm l

Those times seen a bit strange, the vxr has tested faster in alot of other tests.

Wraith
18th July 2012, 12:58 PM

The Megane is at the top of the pile of hot hatches in terms of handling - no question...

The decision to buy that or any other hot hatch will come down to individual choice, each to their own.

Personally I love the new Megane RS always have, but in my eyes this new AJ looks heaps better and if the Opel is slightly behind in handling compared to the Megane it would make no difference at all to me because at the end of the day in actual usage even with spirited driving on todays roads your never going to put either one at the edge of their respective envelopes unless your driving completely irresponsibly so that difference is redundant...

If your going to buy either one of these with serious and alot of track useage in mind, different story...:)

gman
19th July 2012, 02:50 PM
Those times seen a bit strange, the vxr has tested faster in alot of other tests.

I'd put the results down to the Megane's slightly lighter weight and likely different gearing....

Nurb608
19th July 2012, 03:47 PM
I'd put the results down to the Megane's slightly lighter weight and likely different gearing....

Except the vxr 0-100 time has been tested several times at 5.9-6.0 seconds by other magazines

lonewolf1983
19th July 2012, 04:50 PM
theres always variables, side by side running takes a few of them out of the equation...

I thought the VXR would have wound it in up top given the slightly higher power, but the megane surprised me.
Megane also lists a higher top speed so might be a bit aero based too.

anyone else think the rims look a bit too big for the VXR?

dizzydumb
19th July 2012, 06:57 PM
The Megane is at the top of the pile of hot hatches in terms of handling - no question...

The decision to buy that or any other hot hatch will come down to individual choice, each to their own.

Personally I love the new Megane RS always have, but in my eyes this new AJ looks heaps better and if the Opel is slightly behind in handling compared to the Megane it would make no difference at all to me because at the end of the day in actual usage even with spirited driving on todays roads your never going to put either one at the edge of their respective envelopes unless your driving completely irresponsibly so that difference is redundant...

If your going to buy either one of these with serious and alot of track useage in mind, different story...:)

+1

I have the VXR because I like it as it is, regardless of performance/handling/looks. There will always be some car better than ours, and people would always be putting them side by side for comparison, but where do we draw the line?
If I'm gonna frequently be on the tracks then I'd be putting my money one some Japanese all-paw turbo. That's bang for your buck.

Bottomline, buy the VXR because it's beautiful in your eyes, nuff said :)

aussie_in_london
20th July 2012, 12:09 AM
Yet to drive the newbie but have walked around one, would I buy? Nope afraid not, some angles it looks nice, others it looks like a blob, but to me it has lost it 'mucho' stance, it is now more pretty and less aggressive. The former was not at the top of the pile as an allround performer but it sure did stand up well against the cream of the crop and where it did lack sure did make up for it in the fun factor. The newbie is now touching on 1.5ton and you can really see it when looking front or rear on. For me now if looking for another hot hatch, then the meg rs would be at the top of my list, but until then I will stick with my nigh on 7yr old astra opc/vxr that is happily sitting in the back of my garage collecting dust while moonlighting as a storage unit lol but it only has 35k on the clock so I will hang on to it for some time yet.

CORZZA
21st July 2012, 10:56 AM
Just saw it run a Megane Cup on youtube. Tight indeed

kabel
24th July 2012, 02:56 PM
Still enough of a difference though !

adam_92
25th July 2012, 03:20 PM
I kinda agree with Aussie. The mk5 vxr is much better looking and more aggressive than the softer looking mk6... Im even considering a mk5 vxr within the next 12 months...

Nurb608
25th July 2012, 04:16 PM
I kinda agree with Aussie. The mk5 vxr is much better looking and more aggressive than the softer looking mk6... Im even considering a mk5 vxr within the next 12 months...

Have to remember that front pedestrian crash ratings have changed since then which is a big reason alot of cars have softer styling at the front now

adam_92
25th July 2012, 07:22 PM
Umm... Wtf happened there?

http://img.tapatalk.com/cbabc511-bae8-7bb1.jpg

Nurb608
25th July 2012, 07:24 PM
Umm... Wtf happened there?

http://img.tapatalk.com/cbabc511-bae8-7bb1.jpg

lol, stupid forum glitch! Was meant to quote you :p

adam_92
25th July 2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah I thought you were. Wasn't that glitch fixed though? I understand about the passenger/pedestrian safety aspects its just a shame that because of it, all cars are starting to look very similar recently. If someone walks out infront of a car chances are a modern car will be able to stop. The big brick cars that have crap brakes etc are the ones that will hurt you more...

Younge
5th August 2012, 04:04 PM
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/vauxhall/astra/59342/vauxhall-astra-vxr-vs-rivals

everyone says.. on paper.. the vxr is the best.. but they knock it back.. for the worst possible reasons... Seriously .. is the magane that good? i've never driven one and i hate the interior!

Younge
5th August 2012, 04:14 PM
http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-opel-astra-opc-vauxhall-vxr-vs.html

the magange wins in a drag.. i didn't believe this.. unfair test. swap the drivers!

lonewolf1983
5th August 2012, 06:45 PM

everyone says.. on paper.. the vxr is the best.. but they knock it back.. for the worst possible reasons... Seriously .. is the magane that good? i've never driven one and i hate the interior!

i put driving enjoyment at the top of the tree when i'm looking at cars, so do most journo's when it comes to things that are supposed to be that way, like hot hatches.
And yes, the renaultsport gear is very fun to drive.
I also love the looks over the VXR

Red AH SRI T
5th August 2012, 09:12 PM

The Megane I S that good! I have one and it beats my old AH in every way possible. Also much better than anything VW has to offer

sooty
5th August 2012, 09:40 PM
The Megane I S that good! I have one and it beats my old AH in every way possible. Also much better than anything VW has to offer

When do you get your BRZ? :P

dizzydumb
6th August 2012, 11:47 AM
I have never doubted Megane's performance. It's something they should have sorted out to go against the other hatches. But for the life of me, what's with the funky rims and big fat horn on the steering wheel?

Red AH SRI T
8th August 2012, 09:25 PM
When do you get your BRZ? :P

The BRZ is for my partner. Goes into production in December :-)