PDA

View Full Version : Colour Coding...

mr_sikma
22nd November 2005, 12:19 PM
Hey,

I was talking to my painter about getting my Barina colour coded. He said he would take off all the bits etc and paint them so I could still have my car, even without all the bits!

I took it there to get it stripped (just bumper bits, wheel arch bits etc) and he rang back and said it would be alot easier to paint it all when its on the car still.

Also they are going to paint it and have like a plastic type of stuff in the primer so its glossy and shiny like the paint when its finished.

Anyone know anything about any of this?

Cheers

mr_sikma
22nd November 2005, 01:03 PM
Anyone? Please!!!

Going back to pick the car up soon, so i wana see what other people have done!

BassyAstra
22nd November 2005, 01:56 PM
No but my mate had his done and it took 2 days and he lef teh car @ the shop and they had to take off the side strips and after it was done the coding matched correctly, glossy as well.

dug74
22nd November 2005, 09:40 PM
When i got mine done...it was in teh shop for 2 days as well and they stripped the parts off..bumper<front and rear> wheelarches and rear hatch latch.

It all came up glossy and factory looking. and the colour matched...car was only 2 months old.

Cheers
DUG74

maloo97
22nd November 2005, 09:56 PM
G'day mate just wondering If you dont mind me asking how much he charge you to colour code all the bits ? ?

dug74
22nd November 2005, 10:27 PM
I paid $250 for everything to be coloured coded..including all inserts/grille on my front bumper.

Cheers
DUG74

maloo97
22nd November 2005, 11:05 PM
Oh very nice.

mr_sikma
23rd November 2005, 12:34 PM
did you get your mirrors or door handles done?

dug74
23rd November 2005, 03:10 PM
well i dont have standard mirrors..i have M3 mirrors with indicators which are finished in glossy black. As for door handles...havent got them painted becoz i replaced the drivers side door handle with a rear dorr handle from a CD model. I have 2 normal door handles on both sides of car <no locks>. I will get them painted soon as i also wanna get my shark fin antenna and roof rails colour coded as well.

Cheers
DUG74

mr_sikma
23rd November 2005, 08:19 PM
well i dont have standard mirrors..i have M3 mirrors with indicators which are finished in glossy black. As for door handles...havent got them painted becoz i replaced the drivers side door handle with a rear dorr handle from a CD model. I have 2 normal door handles on both sides of car <no locks>. I will get them painted soon as i also wanna get my shark fin antenna and roof rails colour coded as well.

Cheers
DUG74

are the m3's hard to fit? or u get them done at the painters?

thats a good idea with the handles and no locks! i have only used my lock once when my key was stuffing up!

shark fin antenna looks good, but sounds hard. roof lining etc coming off?

i was told that you can get a smaller aerial that screws onto the existing one?

mr_sikma
24th November 2005, 04:08 PM
Just went and looked at the car! Not buffed yet but loks good.

The painter eckons not to take the sidestrips off, because they form strength for the doors / trims etc.

Also with the roof rails, it would look a bit odd to paint them and not the front windscreen surrounds and then you have to do the window wiper part aswell :(