Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'll play devil's advocate here.... maybe the new Korean stuff isn't as bad as everyone thinks... I mean, the Captiva is OK - obviously good enough for Opel Europe to badge it as an Opel and sell it there????
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    I'll play devil's advocate here.... maybe the new Korean stuff isn't as bad as everyone thinks... I mean, the Captiva is OK - obviously good enough for Opel Europe to badge it as an Opel and sell it there????
    Nope...

It's all part of GM Global's master plan to replace the more expensive Opels with cheaper and therefore higher profit Daewoo's across the World !!!
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The captiva in Europe was designed by Daewoo...but is actually made in Europe....so it doesnt really count.

As per Korean....why do other manufacturers like Kia and Hyundai start to make some quality cars....Holden has no excuse here.

I think you might find the astra gone soon as well...sad to say folks...but it looks like Holden want a cheap and nasty Korean lineup of cars.

Happy Motoring
    duglet
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1

u never know, opel might design cars (astra..etc)and daewoo will build them...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    Is all this constant negative publicity about these cars something they're worried about?

Apparently not, if you believe the PR stuff currently being spun:

Despite dominant opposition from Toyota, Holden Executive Director Sales, Marketing and After Sales, Alan Batey, says the local hero brand could sell more small cars -- if they could get them.

"I think we've been around long enough to know that things change... Things turn. We're actually very pleased with where we are -- we've got a lot of activity now in the second half of the year, so I think you're going to see us come back somewhat.

"Yes, no question [we have bigger aims]. We've always been very honest to say that in buying GM Daewoo, the number one objective was to get the company back up??, get the volumes [back up], so it was always planned that way.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    in other words.

we are cheap asses. we will sell you cheap nasty shit. because we are too stupid to realise the blatant quality difference between our Euro and Korean cars.
    I think you will all find that GMH is responsable for GMDAT now. Meaning that Holden will have a rather large say in the direction that GMDAT will head. Meaning that Quality will improve. What everyone needs to remember is that 8 years ago Hyundai were seen as " Cheap and Nasty " Today Hyundai's cars are much better then they were 8 years ago. (As too with Holden Ford and Toyotas Products built here)
    Its going to take some time for GM to turn GMDAT around. its not something you can walking in and do over night. GM have a plan and it takes time.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1.....About time someone here stopped bashing them and spoke some sense.......Ive only being sayiing this for the last two years. haha

Give it time and there standards will come up. What everyone seems to forget is the Barina is a face lift of the kalos. And the Viva is the next gen lanos. The car was well under design before GM stepped in and took over. The next model of the Barina Epica and the Viva will improve .
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Thread Information